Fordmods Logo

Windows, Locks, Power Windows 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Windows, Locks, Power Windows
Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:40 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF II Falcon

ACT, Australia

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me I been through about 20 or 30 pages on this board but can't really find what I am looking for, I own an EFII 95 Falcon GLi. I love the car and I have decided I want to keep it for some time to come however I have not really done too much work on my own car (fluid changes, oil filters, lights and fuses etc are about the extent I go to so far) but would like to fix some things without paying someone else to do it for me!

I have a few questions:

1) Both my front windows are very difficult to wind down and almost impossible to wind up, I have a feeling that there might be some water seeping in through the seals as it's even more difficult once it's rained. Is there a way to fix this or is it time for new seals on the windows?

2) My friend has managed to break my central locking mechanism on my front passenger door. Is it hard to fix myself and will it be expensive to fix the mechanism. Can someone give me a rough idea how to fix it myself? Laymans terms cause I am an idiot!

3) Is it difficult to change my current windows (provided I can wind them down and up easily) to power windows in an EFII. I have Fairmont door trims with power window mechanism, also the centre console buttons. Can anyone provide me with the wiring and installation instructions.

4) My boot stores water for some reason, every time I open it, about a cup of water falls from the boot lid on to the carpet, it severely wrecked the carpet and now I need to replace the carpet in my boot. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to replace it?

Can someone also explain to me how I stop the water from getting in, again I think this is a seal problem!

Thanks very much

Ford: The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]