Fordmods Logo

Windows Regulators Replaced But Still Sorta Broken wtf ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Windows Regulators Replaced But Still Sorta Broken wtf ?
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

in my NF fairlane ghia i bought it with broken window regulators simple you would think to fix so did i well some of them were some not so much
my LHF and RHR dont work properly i even adjusted them and checked everything i dont get it
they go down but cant go up properly all my other window regulators went in without a hitch and work perfectly

LHF works half way only drop it half and it will go up safely
RHR dont touch it because it only goes down

when getting them to go up its really weird you dont just push in the glass while having the window go up to assist the motor that does nothing it requires you to tap up and them pull on the window then tap up again and adjust again and repeat that till its up its a slow and painful process

these are brand new regulators i bought off ebay from http://myworld.ebay.com.au/just_car_parts/

is it possible these 2 window regulators are stuffed from new or is there another issue here im not seeing ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Post subject: Re: Windows Regulators Replaced But Still Sorta Broken wtf ?
Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagoon

WA, Australia

try some silicone spray in the runners on either edge of the glass. where it runs up against the seal.
Spray a heap up and down there as it sounds like it might be grabbing. Only spray it where the glass meets the door, not on the regulator tracks in the door.

EF GLi Wagoon
Grandpa Spec

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ok i will try and let yous know how it goes just incase it doesnt work anyone else got any ideas ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

i got some nulon ezi glide from my local super cheaper auto (nornally a "order in" item but im mates with the guy in charge and that just means its out back on a crate and they cant be f**k getting it off so ya he got it off there for me) and i tried on the right hand rear (worst one) and OMFG its like a miracle it works now i will be applying this to all my windows

its amazing that stuff you feel the rubber it feels and looks clean and then you spray that stuff on the rubber went darker then you rub off excess (like says on instructions) and wow all the dirt that comes with it is amazing truly took a few goings to get it going properly as that window was pretty bad 15yrs and prob never had it done

thanks uniacidz amazing stuff

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]