Fordmods Logo

windscreen leaking into floor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: windscreen leaking into floor
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH

NT, Australia

I have an XH ute and when I put some stuff in to deaden the road noise I found water has been leaking in. It seems to come from the windscreen and runs down the side of the car, not behind the dash, and is running under the floor vinyl from a small hole behind the drivers kick panel. Because it is in the side of the body, it is really hard to find where it is getting in and out from. It is draining very slowly from where it pools in the side of the car, but if it rains too much it overflows into the drivers floor.

Is this a windscreen seal thing (it is a new windscreen) or something more difficult to fix like rust holes? I'm afraid to leave it outside now with so much rain around at the moment. The small bit of silicone filler I put in probably won't last too long.

Thanks, Tom

Post subject: Re: windscreen leaking into floor
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

how new is the windscreen, id be lookin into checking the seal around the glass, someone may have stuffed up and not put a full seal

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH

NT, Australia

It was done about a year ago (after I got a massive rock to it) by the Obriens people in town. I think they are one of those 'authorised representative' types, but I am a bit limited for choice. I looked at the seal and the urethane doesn't run all the way to the end of the screen, so water can run off in the far corner (I thought it was supposed to), but if the windscreen is supposed to be sealed all the way around this may be the problem.

Should it be sealed all the way, so water pools a bit between the screen and the outer mouldings?

Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

4 years? Who told you that, I'm qualified by kangan batman tafe and it's only a 12 month traineeship

If it has wheels or a skirt, You can't afford it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]