Xg options and idea's 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Xg options and idea's
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

The xg is coming off the road in a few months for a good going over. I bought it with Xg xr trims and seats and a horrible setup of 2 6x9's bolted to a piece of ply between the seats. The 6x9's are gone and I am looking at leaving the trims and seats in, dropping Vs door pockets/pods with 6.5" Kenwood 6 ohm drivers and tweeters out of a set of top quality bookshelf speakers into it, with the drivers going into the doors (after I sound proof the inside of the doors) and the tweeters replacing the stock ones in the dash. I was wondering if I can retrofit an ED fascia assembly to the Xg dash? Also was playing with the parcel shelf and made a box to house a set 4" Fusions just behind the headrests and was going to recover the back and the box I made with the same material, but the box shows about 2cm of itself out the back widow....so I dont know. Was thinking about angling the box so it goes from the top of the lip behind the seats to just under the rear window.... but I dont know. With the 4" just behind the seats they seem to either blast your head off and go over the other speakers or go unnoticed. I had them amped with the amp bolted between the seats too.
I suppose ideally I am after some idea's on interior setups in xg's, I dont want to drop an El dash into it as I kind of like the old world Xg dash and to have one is getting more unique with everyone modding the old dash out. If anything I might consider an Nc dash if it would fit.
What idea's do you guys have? Any pic's?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]