Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: xh ute interoir ideas
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:47 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA II XR6 Turbo Ute & XH Ute

Power: 295 rwkw

VIC, Australia

i am hopefully getting an xh ute in the next 2 or 3 weeks and i no the interiors in them are pretty dodgy so i was wondering what models i can retro fot from?? seats are easy ill just get some au 1ns or something but door trims i belive are the same as what in the xf is there any others i can use?? also has any1 put an ef console in 1 of these thanks???

~Such Is Life....
EL Fairmont Ghia: lowered suspension , TIKFD custom plates, 20x8.5 XHP Shoreline, soon to have: JVC head unit, Eclipse speakers, Alpine and Sony Amps, 2x JL Audio 12w3v2 subs

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

Ah dont bother bout ef console, it looks s**t.....mainly because it actually connects up to the dash on the efs and u have to hack heaps of s**t off to slide them under.

imo try an au console, they just slide right under the dash, thats what i ended up getting.

Dont know bout door trims, id be very interested in something better there 2. However i have seen a green XF turbo with VT commo door trims. Even though i hate those trims it was still different.

Let me know what ideas you come up with, btw do u have carpet? that might be the first start

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

I've always thought the Longreach S and the XR6/8 interior looked good in the XH. Sure it's similar to an XF/XG but the EF seats and cloth trimming dress it up a lot nicer than the GLi or One Tonne interior

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:43 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

fairmont1998 wrote:
I've always thought the Longreach S and the XR6/8 interior looked good in the XH. Sure it's similar to an XF/XG but the EF seats and cloth trimming dress it up a lot nicer than the GLi or One Tonne interior
No arguments from me on that :D . Just add some power windows, and it's pretty much complete.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Power window retrofit might be a pain ... especially trying to get working parts ... I think the regulators from the XF Fairmont Ghias are getting tired ... and you can only get them 2nd hand as well.

But don't quote me on that.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

Aftermarket power windows would be the go, there was a company that used to advertise in Street Machine all the time, don't know if they still do.
I thought about it many times when I had my XH. ;)

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Post subject: Re: xh ute interoir ideas
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: xf wagon

VIC, Australia

TickfordGhia wrote:
i am hopefully getting an xh ute in the next 2 or 3 weeks and i no the interiors in them are pretty dodgy so i was wondering what models i can retro fot from?? seats are easy ill just get some au 1ns or something but door trims i belive are the same as what in the xf is there any others i can use?? also has any1 put an ef console in 1 of these thanks???

i have a mate chasing a xg-h bench seat if you are selling one?

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
Power window retrofit might be a pain ... especially trying to get working parts ... I think the regulators from the XF Fairmont Ghias are getting tired ... and you can only get them 2nd hand as well.
But don't quote me on that.
Motors and regulators do come up from time to time on ebay. It is wise to strip the motors down and give them a service. If the XF regs are crappy, you can swap the arm that the motor mounts to onto your manual reg - normally your existing XH regs should be pretty good, keep a spare motor for Justin. Otherwise, I didn't think it was greatly difficult.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 95 XG S Ute

VIC, Australia

While XF and XG trims are the same physical size as those on the XH, you won't be able to put them on your XH. The reason is because the XH has the big square door lock buttons while the XF-G have those tiny little black things. You physically won't be able to drop an older trim into your XH without modifying either the trims or the buttons.

If you are going to change consoles, make sure that you don't end up with gaps in your carpet where the new console doesn't cover it. The only company that makes a one piece carpet is Ford themselves and it's a) bloody expensive, and b) impossible to find. All other manufacturers make a two piece only, or you end up going custom and spending a fortune anyway.

The upper dash is the same between XG and XH, so is the centre console piece surround the heater controls - only difference is that it's black in the XG and grey in the XH.

Homer! What have you done to the car? I don't think it had broken axles before.

Before! Before! You're living in the past, Marge. Quit living in the past.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]