Fordmods Logo

AIROD dramas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: AIROD dramas
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El96 and Au01

NSW, Australia

G'day guys, found this forum just today, been searching for some help.

I converted our auII 6 cyl to airod gas about 2 years ago and have had nothing but dramas. Firstly it would occassionally stall or nearly stall. Brought it back and it was fixed but never really idled smoothly. Revs drop sometimes for no reason and steering feels as if you are about to lose power steering but only konked out once in a bloom moon (hate those intermitent problems). Under brakes, especially while doing long slow braking descending hills and into roundabouts it would sometimes stall but not always.
Got it serviced about a month ago, tried a different mob. Upon collected it ran smoother and seemed more powerful on gas than before, but a couple of days later and my stalling problems resurfaced. Brought it back and waited while he sussed it out again. 40min later he handed it back. It drove well for 2 days and then began stalling again. Rang the guy, he's blaming the airod mixer or something like that, said they are a cheap mixer and he's Lpgas company use a better unit. Said he could not fix it unless I was prepard to put his expensive part on at about $700 fitted. I decided to sus out the problem myself. I put new leads on, since plugs, filter etc had only been done a month ago and fiddled with the spring loaded screw on top of the mixer by ear and watching the engine/for smoothness and listeniing for idle speed. It was problem solved for about a month, driving really well and smooth. Then the missus took the car filled it up and said it was running rough. 2 days later it starting stalling again. It runs near perfect on petrol. It sometimes idles on gas then for no reason starts running rough then stalls. I stuffed around with it this morning holding revs quite high trying to get engine to suck through any gunk and eventually it starting running properly. Drove 60k's from home before it started playing up again. this time idling ok, but touch the accelerator and she konks out. Press dash button back to gas, no problem. Is the convertor stuffed or is it dirty fuel? What is a stepper? I no longer want to get the car serviced at the two local LPG places for various reasons. If anyone could recommed a good LPG mechanic withing a 20km radius of St Marys Sydney let me know. Or , if you know what this problem could be, I would really, really appreciate it. Having been rear ended with a stalling old holden 10 years ago, I don't really wanna put myself or my kids in that situation again.
thanks guys.

Post subject: Re: AIROD dramas
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

try Joe @ Crescent motors in Liverpool. 9600 6229

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]