Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Anyone know rough prices for new LPG tanks
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I am looking at purchasing a LPG tank second hand, the tank is actually new and unused. 65ltr capacity.

Now I need to know roughly what they are worth new to gauge what I will offer and I need to know pretty soon.

Last time I purchased a new LPG tank was early 90's so you can understand why I am asking, I feel like a dumb a*** for not knowing current prices.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:24 am 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

for me to get gas fitted to an eb looking at $25 and 26 but i can get a scond hand tank on ebay for about 300 for EA*EB*ED*EF*EL*AU SEDAN

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... &rd=1&rd=1

hope this helps

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks mate, I was just after new tank prices as the tank in question is brand new, it will give me an idea on how much to offer.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Even though it's new Jase, what's the date left on it?
Have to take that into account. My mate bought a brand new tank for his F100 6 years ago, he's never put LPG in it as he hasn't put it on the road as yet, by the time he does it'll be out of date and will need a re-test lol.
What exactly is the tank to suit? Give me a brand and model number and i'll call my mate and find out what it's worth.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Too late, I set it up to snipe in JBidwatcher, forgot about it and won, now I hope I havent ripped myself off.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... IBSA:AU:31

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Now I have to work out how I can pick it up.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Not a bad price, but he's been a member since May 04 and has zero feedback so be careful.
His username looks like a Melbourne phone number.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

I first looked at it & thought it was a really small tank, then I noticed it was to suit a Wagon, his in Melbourne, any idea what Suburb? I'm sure one of us can pick it up for you & hold it until you can freight it or pick it up?

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Don't worry about it, looks like I have been done over in the bidding, he sent me an email stating that he had already sold the tanks and only has the tub, he wants $200 for the tub, but I was only interested as a package because of the price, I really wanted more than 104ltrs of gas.

Anyway yes I will be notifying ebay with "all his details" after I get his reply email what I sent back to him.

Yeah Paul I did notice he had no feedback etc, but I thought it maybe like what has happened with me, a lot of sellers just fail to give feedback and he hadnt did much on ebay.

I won't go crying over it but I won't forget to report it to ebay.

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Damage wrote:
I really wanted more than 104ltrs of gas.

How are you going to get more then 104 litres, fill ya boot with tanks or straight gas?

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cheersdude wrote:
Damage wrote:
I really wanted more than 104ltrs of gas.

How are you going to get more then 104 litres, fill ya boot with tanks or straight gas?

Straight gas, I used to have a poor economy 351C on straight gas and it only had 72Ltrs of gas (A90 tank), this wouldn't bother me.

That setup was for straight gas too, just it used two small tanks, if I wasn't duped by that bloke I would have used them because it was the right price.
He offered me the tub for $200 but why would I actually buy new small tanks, the only advantage of the smaller tanks and tub was that is looked as though a Hayman and Reese 2300kg towbar may fit, those towbars don't fit under most tank tubs. I don't need one of those tow bars anyway.

I used to have a A90 tank in my XF wagon, the tub hit the ground to much on driveways etc (technically illegal but they take a blind eye to it), I was going to move it forward and use a smaller rear tank, then make my own tub to suit to get the ground clearance (I also had to move my battery as I had it mounted under the floor next to the tank). I will probably go through with it this time on the EL.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thats the setup my Wagon has, mines dual fuel with a smaller petrol tank & a 80 litre gas tank, running super lows it scrapes alot, especially with 2 people in the back or loaded up..

There's some photo's of my Wagon hardly even loaded up here: http://www.tinybums.com.au/photos/[url][/url]

'04 BA XR8

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cheersdude wrote:
Thats the setup my Wagon has, mines dual fuel with a smaller petrol tank & a 80 litre gas tank, running super lows it scrapes alot, especially with 2 people in the back or loaded up..

There's some photo's of my Wagon hardly even loaded up here: http://www.tinybums.com.au/photos/[url][/url]

The tub looks the same size as a A90 needs, does your tank sit way under the floor cover board or is there heaps of room between the tank and tub/guard?

Yeah I want to only have the towbar hitting the ground like the EL does now with 4WD height, not a tank guard as I will be lowering it after the gas conversion, no sense yet doing it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Damage wrote:
The tub looks the same size as a A90 needs, does your tank sit way under the floor cover board or is there heaps of room between the tank and tub/guard?

It sits way under the Floor Cover Board..

'04 BA XR8

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cheersdude wrote:
Damage wrote:

It sits way under the Floor Cover Board..

A90 tank sits just under, so it sound like the tub/guard is the same size, what a bugger, if they had lifted the tank up higher and used a different tub you probably wouldn't have it hit the road. But there mightn't have been any choices with your tank size either.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next