Fordmods Logo

anyone running HHO at all? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Would you add HHO to your car?
What is HHO? 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9

Post subject: anyone running HHO at all?
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Festiva 1991

VIC, Australia

i'm curious to know if there are any members here running HHO on their Ford and what benefits are you getting from adding this to your car.

For anyone who isn't sure what HHO is, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxyhydrogen to get a description and a bit of explanation about what HHO is.. (still a little dubious on their 'Fringe science and fraud' section)

Post subject: Re: anyone running HHO at all?
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

love this topic, appeals the science nerd side of me.
to put it in simple theory, it would work, HHO goes kaboom and the piston turns.
however practically no, as to gain better fuel consumption (even as low as 10% better) the amount of HHO that needs to be produced requires multiple LARGE generators (preferably dry cells). which will in turn give a huge current draw on your electrical system, and seeing as your alternator runs of the engine, the extra current draw will be also placed on your engine giving you a worse fuel economy then the first place.
also all of the kits on flea bay will not give the amount of gas required.

p.s. i have actually meet the guy that owns one of the bigger of the few shops on ebay that sell em... hes a backyard tinker that sells at town markets, not a scientist.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Festiva 1991

VIC, Australia

what about if there was a drycell big enough to allow for some compensation (over 30%)? i have seen some cells that are like 60+ plate drycells that i think would allow for some compensation as they claim over 6-8 litres of HHO production per minute so i can see there would be some benefit to it.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Xh

NSW, Australia

This is a little off topic, BUT many years ago when I was working in the bush I knew a male nurse who had unlimited supply of Oxygen. (From the hospital) It occured to him that by running a line direct to the airbox. From the drivers seat he could turn on, instant horsepower. Can anyone Guess what the outcome was. Daz.....

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ea falcon

NSW, Australia

Dazmonster wrote:
This is a little off topic, BUT many years ago when I was working in the bush I knew a male nurse who had unlimited supply of Oxygen. (From the hospital) It occured to him that by running a line direct to the airbox. From the drivers seat he could turn on, instant horsepower. Can anyone Guess what the outcome was. Daz.....

BOOOOM!! and nearby people with this kinda look on their face :shock: :shock:

EA falcon(S-Pac) AU engine and injector's, EL BBM conversion,K&N pod,EL ECU,T5 5speed,EL Streering rack, EL Brake system, Extractor's 2 1/2in high flow cat, through 2 1/2in mandrel bent pipe with Lukey Performance muffler

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Dazmonster wrote:

Straight oxygen will result in an engine with a high piston and head consumption.
There is a reason for the nitrogen in nitrgen oxide injection systems.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Dazmonster wrote:

Straight oxygen will result in an engine with a high piston and head consumption.
There is a reason for the nitrogen in nitrgen oxide injection systems.

yup!

pure o2 is explosive! hence when cleaning oxy acet bottles you cant use any oil based lubes/cleaners as it goes BOOM

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Xh

NSW, Australia

So I kinda blew the topic a little. But to stop all the... it did this it did that. It increased Horsepower by anywhere between 2000 to 5000%. Cool result hey !!!! :mrgreen: .... For 2 seconds. Then it burnt a hole in the top of every piston. between 5 cent piece to complete disintergration.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Dazmonster wrote:
So I kinda blew the topic a little. But to stop all the... it did this it did that. It increased Horsepower by anywhere between 2000 to 5000%. Cool result hey !!!! :mrgreen: .... For 2 seconds. Then it burnt a hole in the top of every piston. between 5 cent piece to complete disintergration.

Thing is, it literally burnt the piston, it didn't just melt it.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Ghia

VIC, Australia

Try this mob in Perth.
they are selling the kits,

Knox Scientific PTY LTD Hydrogen Systems. Google it,

They are not the only ones selling these Kits, Alibaba have a lot of these companys listed that are making them

I found them by looking for LPG kit to run on a big diesel engine,

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]