Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: BA XR8 on gas
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB II XR6 5 Speed

SA, Australia

PoweredByCNG wrote:
banarcus wrote:
The only way you will tell thats on LPG is the tank in the boot and the smell of the exhaust.

You should not be able to smell gas in the exhaust.

If you do, it's probably because the catalytic converter has been removed - ILLEGAL!

Regards,
Dave

thats kind funny dave i think ur wrong. i can smell gas from my exhaust and its got a converter brand new one.

12/92 EBII XR6 - 4.0L SOHC Tickford - Pacemaker 4499 headers - Redback 2.5" exhaust -3.45s
5spd Conversion - U.S. Billet short shifter!!!

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:50 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Nate-EBIIXR wrote:
thats kind funny dave i think ur wrong. i can smell gas from my exhaust and its got a converter brand new one.

Well then your engine is running rich obviously.

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

bass wrote:
up until 5 years or so ago LPG was doing ok. He who needed it used and paid for the install. The available LPG mechanics were the good ones. They did installs and maintaned those vehicles as regular return customers.
Then the grant was introduced.
Price of installation doubled, cowboys apeared to fall from the sky bcoz there is so much money to be made from installation, even though it takes two blokes a good half day to do an install. These cowboys are not interested in changing your leads cap rotor and plugs every year or so, theres little money in it compared to installing. They cant fix problems bcoz they are not interested and lack the knowldge.
LPG is good for taxis, couriers, hire cars, buses, and people that would do 50k a year or more. Oh and BBQ's. If you drive less than that then you will be sure to constantly run into problems with LPG.

++++1 for why?
my gas system on my EB was fitted in 94 at 85,000kms. it has done 200,000kms and 15years on that gas system and it runs brilliant. and sooooo cheap to fill. i haven't had a problem with it since i've owned it but i do tune it myself because no one in bendigo know s**t about lpg so i will agree with your arguement about cowboys just fitting systems but having no know how on repairs, tuning etc

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: fairmont

VIC, Australia

If you want the very best I would recommend going with the JTG liquid injection system. You will end up with more power than petrol and combustion temps on par with petrol so theoretically engine life will be extended.
And you will get the best economy of any system available.

Here is a pic of a BA GT I recently converted with JTG.
This is NOT a standard conversion. I have custom hidden the injectors, ECU's, Wiring and regulators.
Normally the injectors are fitted either side of the inlet manifold and you cannot refit the engine cover.
This is the VERY best LPG conversion available in the world currently.

As you can see the system is totally hidden.
to get this level of system you need a competent installer as EVERYTHING needs to be custom made.
ALOT of work went into this car. But the results speak for them selves.

Edit:

I would show you a pic of how the injectors are installed under the manifold but then I would need to kill ya's all (kidding) I put to much time and effort into sorting this out to let other fitter copy it. sorry.

And here is a picture of a Tartarini vapour injection system On BA XR8.
This is also a hidden system. All injectors are under manifold and regulators (twin regs) are fitted behind inlet manifold. You can just see the vapour filter fitted to the front of the engine.
This car was done about 4 or 5 years ago now. It is tuned and CAI (now) and exhaust. Makes good power and still runs perfectly to this day.
The only problem with this system is that is adds petrol to the tune after 3800Rpm cause the injectors cannot flow enough to run all the way to redline on gas. it does this seamlessly.

I have converted many, many Boss engines now and with a bit of special treatment the run better than petrol. certainly the JTG will yield better performance.
Both cars pictured are NOT standard. they are both tuned and run big exhausts and CAI's.
Both cars have Exceptional performance on LPG.

The JTG car will make more power on petrol at $1 less a litre. Now how can you mess with that???

Hope that helps a bit.
Cheers.
Blownba

off on a tangent

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2