Fordmods Logo

best size to fit 351 straight gas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: best size to fit 351 straight gas
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:20 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Hi there,
being very new to LPG i was wondering if sum1 could give me an idea. Im wanting to find out what people would reccomend as to the best size exhaust (cat back) for my straight gas 351 XD ute. I dont realli no much about backpressure in lpg cars, so like whether a 2.5 system would be best or less, etc,
another question...
Iv been told by a few ppl, with lpg cars, that my tank is 100L. This would give me a working amount of 80L (80% of total capacity) true?
the guy i bought the car off says he refuels when there a two small bars left of the digital gauge, however, when you do this the servo pump reads only 40l, which means i should have 40l more to use. Should i just keep driving on because i will have alot more gas left? we have a few older fords and i dont trust fuel gauges much, but i just dont wana run out,cause u can just jery-can it in, lol sorry for the novel i just wrote,
cheers

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

juat have a look at the gauge on the tank, give it a few taps just to make sure its free.

single 2.5 would be ok for street driven 351, any bigger and you will loose low end TQ and it will get louder also.

to check the tank size possibly find the model number off the ID tag on the tank, and look up its specs, if its an apa tank that will be easy.

if the tank goes from one side of the boot to the other, chances are its a 100L, if theres a gap of about 70-80mm each side its probably a 80lt(60 useable), typically F90 model number for the 80lt, the 100lt will be F110 or F105 something like that.

the letters denote the diameter, and the number the length, if its apa tank that is.

http://www.TURBO351.com

2V 351T, 732rwhp@15psi on LPG.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

I've always ran 2.5 inch on my Clevo's, it's plenty enough, it comes down to the freedom of the muffler.
A 100 lt is around 80 lt useable, + or - a cpl of litres... It should be stamped on your id tag on the tank anyway.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

thanks guys, i had a look at the tank, on the actual tank, it has "Tara kg-34, water capacity kg-101"
i would take it then that its a 101l (usable 80). this means i should be able to use WELL over the 40l that im currently refueling at? thanks

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

yeah sounds like it, the fuel level senders can get dodgy with age.

http://www.TURBO351.com

2V 351T, 732rwhp@15psi on LPG.

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:18 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

cool, yeah i no i never trust a fuel gauge, lol but with gas i just dont wana run out becoz its not like fuel where u can just jery-can some more in to get ya to da servo, lol but i should be able to use much more then the 40L im using now,there would have to be enough pressure to use the rest of it, thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]