Fordmods Logo

BF falcon Orbital LPi Dyno 

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: BF falcon Orbital LPi Dyno
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

NSW, Australia

yer australia is 10 years behind in a lot of things and then some more,just like the internet speeds and prices they charge us for the old tech

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

PoweredByCNG wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:
PoweredByCNG wrote:
It's a shame that it took over a decade after release for this system to appear in Australia. The Vialle LPi equipment has been commercially available in Eruope since the mid to late 1990s...

are you serious?

Yup. In Europe, Subaru convert Forester and Legacy with the Vialle LPi kit and have been doing so for years...

I had a look online but did not find anything...

Im interested in the subaru forester conversion as my brother has a one...

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:25 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Google "Subaru Millbrook LPG". There are a few bits and pieces including an official Subaru UK press release from a few years back. There are also a couple of YouTube videos floating around showing these conversions.

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Very nice install & nice numbers on the dyno as well, you should be proud of that!

I've had LPG vapor injection on the Eb Ghia since 2004 as most of you know, and that's an Italian system that had been around in Europe for at least 5 years before we got it here, maybe more. We are very behind the times with LPG technology, and we shouldn't be considering the size of the gas reserves in our region of the world!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:38 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
We are very behind the times with LPG technology, and we shouldn't be considering the size of the gas reserves in our region of the world!

Forget about our gas reserves for one moment. Let's not forget that Australia has significant LPG infrastructure available to the public. Add to that the amount of knowhow available and the fact that in terms of fuel cost, LPG is significantly more favourable to petrol or diesel and I don't see why it isn't more popular.

There are just too many uninformed opinions out there.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yep, too many bad opinions out there, probably partly due to too many low tech & rather poor installs, there's a joke that get's around that you probably know, if you see a falcon broken down there is a 99% chance it's on LPG. This means the general public think the only reason it broke down was due to the LPG install. If the install is done properly that is rarely the case.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:
Yep, too many bad opinions out there, probably partly due to too many low tech & rather poor installs, there's a joke that get's around that you probably know, if you see a falcon broken down there is a 99% chance it's on LPG. This means the general public think the only reason it broke down was due to the LPG install. If the install is done properly that is rarely the case.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

The sad thing is %50 of my LPG work is fixing bad installations.
%49 is general repair work.
%1 is new installs.
That Orbital system is the only install i've done this year. Not counting doing my brothers AU ute (with a system that was removed from an AU sedan as the owner didn't want to spend the money having the ten year test done on the tank.)

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

The other problem is that LPG attracts cheapskates too, the type of ill-informed people that aren't willing to pay good money for good quality systems and good quality workmanship. This has lead to the uprising of 'overnight gas installers' that have no idea what they're doing, rush through jobs and cut corners. This has especially been so since the various rebates commences a few years back. I have seen some diabolically bad gas installs in the past few years, partially in relation to gas injection fitout and tidiness. With the various liquid phase injection systems, at least there is a much higher chance of the end user getting exactly what they want.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've seen plenty of those "new gas workshops" that sprung up only to collect the grants already go out of business. I'm glad those that have shut down are gone, they give the fuel & the industry a bad name.

LPG does attract cheapskates as well, but there will always be cheapskates when it comes to car's, because some people can't see the value in spending a bit extra to have less issues (which ends up saving you money), or to have better fuel economy which also saves you money.

tickford_6 - those figures are are amazing!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I've just bought a BA falcon that needs some minor panel work. Plan is to replace our AU. I'M seriously thinking of spending the 3k odd and converting it too.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
I've just bought a BA falcon that needs some minor panel work. Plan is to replace our AU. I'M seriously thinking of spending the 3k odd and converting it too.

Why not? Use it as a rolling business card!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:52 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

A petrol BA in good condition is too good a candidate for conversion to Orbital LPi to miss. The results speak for themselves!

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

It will come down to having the spare money to buy the kit.

The car is pretty good, Silver 2004 Futura, has some damaged aftermarket mags, needs a drivers door and a right front guard and good detail. Only has 88 000km on it.
Was a finance repo that I got a salvage auction for $1500.
Got a write-off AU to donate the door and it's mag wheels for $400. (part out what's left)

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

tickford_6

You got a sweet deal!!! and as ToranaGuy said you can use it for business and claim everything on it!!!

Put some stickers on it and tidy it up...

Also is Orbital ever going to release the software so ppl can tune the system???

There is a sweet BF XR6 Turbo ZF with low kms with Orbital kit that id jump on...

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Also is Orbital ever going to release the software so ppl can tune the system???

There is a sweet BF XR6 Turbo ZF with low kms with Orbital kit that id jump on...

The software (Vialle LPi) is easy enough to get hold of (even I have a copy) but in order to do any calibration work, you need a password to unlock the functionality of the software, which only Vialle/Orbital reps (not even gas installers) have.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next