Fordmods Logo

dedicated gas BF to sequential using wolf v500 computer 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: dedicated gas BF to sequential using wolf v500 computer
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Hi all, i am considering using a wolf v500 to go to sequential gas injection on my egas bf. Am thinking of leaving in the standard ecu to run all the dash , fuel lock offs etc and use the wolf to run the engine, spark, timing, gas injectors etc. want to use the keihen injectors, any ideas or suggestions, pifalls etc. looking to supercharge at a later date.

Post subject: Re: dedicated gas BF to sequential using wolf v500 computer
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

have u seen this done before?

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

No havent seen it, have also thought maybe putting in a standard petrol ecu and running the gas side of things as per a normal conversion but have ecu flashed for optimum performance on gas as there will be no petrol. I am led to believe that this is the only way to improve performance of an egas falcon, but am open to suggestions especially if it saves some coin.

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:27 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

You know, because the supply of Falcons on the used market are high, you would actually be better off selling your E-GAS and buying a nice tidy low-km petrol-only model and converting it to Liquid LPG Injection for $5000. With your E-GAS conversion, not only will you have to worry about a replacement ECU and a tune, but you will also need to factor in a new gas system and that alone will set you back at least $4000 (more if you're thinking of going Liquid).

Regards,
Dave

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

PoweredByCNG is spot on, why would u even bother going through all that

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

finding tidy low km utes in SA isnt so easy, already has 90 usable litres of gas with existing tanks so only need front end kit. got 83k oct 2006 egas ute with sports bar and alloy bullbar, immaculate cond for $12500.( would have cost me 16k in a yard at least in this condition, hasnt been used as a ute, most i looked at were rough.) can fit front end sequential gas myself, just the ecu to sort. didnt want an xr6 as needed the 3 seater and didnt want the low slung spoiler crap to get hung up on gutters etc.

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Also if you are chasing FI ... you WILL need another converter really to supply enough LPG to it all.

I have been reading another thread where someone else used and EGAS engine and supercharged it ... and changed to Sequential Vapour ... in the end with the "conversion" ... ECU ... tuning ... it cost a hell of a lot ... probably more than what you'd spend on a petrol vehicle and getting the most expensive LI setup.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2004 ba egas ute

NSW, Australia

mash8 wrote:
finding tidy low km utes in SA isnt so easy, already has 90 usable litres of gas with existing tanks so only need front end kit. got 83k oct 2006 egas ute with sports bar and alloy bullbar, immaculate cond for $12500.( would have cost me 16k in a yard at least in this condition, hasnt been used as a ute, most i looked at were rough.) can fit front end sequential gas myself, just the ecu to sort. didnt want an xr6 as needed the 3 seater and didnt want the low slung spoiler crap to get hung up on gutters etc.

Hi mark,have u seen my egas build on the ford forums it will give u more of an idea on whats needed.

I was in the same situation,i love everything about my ute also.And didnt want to swap for anything else,its like telling someone why did u buy an xr6 and spend big bucks on it with the n/a route when u could of got an xr6 turbo.

It most defiantly is more expensive to do as i have done,compared to ditching your current ute and buying a petrol one.If your doing most of it yourself who knows.
But dont forget that this is an egas engine same as the f6 but with a 10:7:1 comp and running straight gas not duel fuel and 90 litre tanks........If your the same as me and u like to hold on whats dear to you go for it.

Supercharged Egas

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:16 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: fairmont

VIC, Australia

Why use the wolf???
just get the factory ECU flashed to the petrol program and run a petrol engine wiring loom.

ALL of the BA ECU's are the EXACT same. Just different programs for different models with different wiring looms.
I would have thought it would be easier to do that way. Probably cheaper too.
The factory ECU has far more power than the wolf does.
And the factory ECU will run better and start better than an aftermarket.

Simon from nizpro just proved that the factory ECU's are awesome units by using 2 BA ECU's to run a twin throttle body (BA throttles) blown V8 in his boat.
Half an engine crank and its running.

off on a tangent

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

2 ECU's? Wouldn't one ECU supply enough current to drive both throttles?

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

http://forums.nizpro.com.au/showthread.php?t=1825
have to sign up (its probably worth it, lot of interesting s**t on there, whether you buy into some of Simons ideas or not), but...

Simon G wrote:
4. How did you come about the ECU control system, (explain what it is and where it came from)

The electronic control system is a Visteon PCM. Unlike the current after market systems typically available here in Australia the Visteon system uses speed density mapping for its calculation of fuel and spark. This is far more advanced way of getting mixtures and timing correct and stable. This is current road car technology. We actually run two PCM’s one controls the 8 fuel injectors and 8 coils and one of the drive by wire throttles the other runs the other DBW along with boost control and turbo switching. It also has crank recognition, misfire detection self learning for fuel and spark and detonation control. Mapping does take long periods of time compared to after market systems but it is far worth the trade off

and thats why they use two.
this is for their VK based 6.0L ski race motor with the staged quad turbos btw.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Just thought i'd throw it up that LPG Injection has been done on a few turbo car's in eurpoe running on the MegaSquirt ECU for not too big of $$$.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]