Fordmods Logo

EL wagon LPG problems.... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EL wagon LPG problems....
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL wagon

QLD, Australia

I have a 97 EL wagon on dual fuel which runs beautifully on petrol but rough as guts on gas. It misses idling and while driving with about 1/4 the power of petrol. Has been getting progressively worse and now wont even go uphill unless petrol is selected.
I know it could be one of many things but I just dont want to blow money chasing the problem but some expert advice would be great.
I am fairly experienced with mechanical issues but never had a Falcon before, Im more of a 4wheeler...

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: EL wagon LPG problems....
Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

You haven't given any detail of the type of LPG system in your car...

What brand is the converter? (the big round thing in the engine bay that the gas line runs too)

There is a tuning post on here for OMVL converters that is really very simple and might be worth a go. (if your converter has OMVL 90 written on it.)

Without details though, it's hard for the experts to help you. (I am not a gas expert) I can tell you the following though.. LPG is much more sensitive to a bad tune than petrol.. Using the search tool here will find you a dozen posts telling you what spark plugs to run and what gap to set them at... also new leads are in order if the original ones are still on the car.

There is also a filter that is supposed to stop your converter filling with cr@p... if that is blocked it will cause issues like what you are experiencing.

The LPG place down the street from me does a LPG tune up for 150 dollars which involves cleaning or replacing the filter, checking everything over and an exhaust analyzing turn up (more accurate than going by ear). might be worth getting it done to start with to see where you stand.

My EL falcon runs premium 98 or LPG and most of the time I can't tell which I'm running at the time until I look at the dashboard so they can be made to run very well on Gas.

good luck.

cheers

Frank

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]