Fordmods Logo

Few LPG Questions. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Few LPG Questions.
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Futura

QLD, Australia

Hi.. i am in the process of doing your advice regarding moving stepper so hose goes over rocker cover. in regards to the wires connected to the stepper... does it need protection from sitting on there? or is electrical wire enough? ie will damage or melting occur to the wires if i leave it as is and run it over rocker cover??
prompt reply would be great as my cars in pieces and i need to take the kids out soon :/ lol

cheers

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Futura

QLD, Australia

oh and please and thanks :)

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

loc-ness wrote:
Hi.. i am in the process of doing your advice regarding moving stepper so hose goes over rocker cover. in regards to the wires connected to the stepper... does it need protection from sitting on there? or is electrical wire enough? ie will damage or melting occur to the wires if i leave it as is and run it over rocker cover??
prompt reply would be great as my cars in pieces and i need to take the kids out soon :/ lol

cheers

I run the stepper wires to the passenger side then around the firewall if the controller is on the hot side near the converter. Yes avoid getting the PVC wires into hot areas as they are only rated to 125 degrees and goe brittle real quick in a hot zone.

Personally I reckon half the installs done by "professional " fitters are designed to fail for repeat business as they love shoving electronics over near the hot side of the car. Computers don't like heat, that is why the ECU is in the passenger cabin on E seris... As the LPG control system should be away from the heat as well. Just longer and more capable wiring needed.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2