Post subject: Re: gas ring mod?
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

japcrp wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
I've had mixer ring carby car's, never going to have one of them again! I have also had impco 425 carby car's, which run pretty good overall, no worse than petrol carby lol. I also have Injection (vapor) on my Eb Ghia, a big step forward! I have a Xr8 with a dual fuel impco 425 setup and that's pretty good but not quite as good as if it was injected gas or a straight gas setup.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

did u put the vapor system on or was it on the car when u bought it? tryin to work out if its worth upgrading

The EB Ghia lpg injection? I had it converted back in 2004, paid out of my back pocket before government rebates existed! Expensive, but very worth it. I had my torana converted to an amos ring setup, that really sucked but gas was 0.20 cpl to 0.30 cpl so it wasn't that bad...

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

40mm is the ideal size for all round drive-ability and is pretty much the industry standard size.
When you do manometer testing of the signal strength from the ring there is no restriction upto about 3500rpm and it produces enough signal strength from about 1000rpm to draw gas from the converter.

Bigger mixers will not have enough signal strength to draw gas at low rpm and you normally end up with a rich idle to cover the hole.

You'll never get a 50mm mixer to work properly, 45mm is really pushing it on a 4L engine.

If you want to try getting big mixers to work start with a 55-60mm mixer and modify it by adding a booster venturi to it. The changeable main venturi from weber carbs could be modified to work well.
You'll just need to do some research about the correct placement of the booster.

But i would only be doing it, if it was more about the learning process then the actual end result.

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
But i would only be doing it, if it was more about the learning process then the actual end result.

If would be easier, and possibly cheaper to swap to a gas research setup at the end of that trial.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

If would be easier, and possibly cheaper to swap to a gas research setup at the end of that trial.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

i've got a vapor injections system at work that my be going on my AU, i just need to check whats in the box as i'm told it was originally ordered for a Hyundai Sonata V6. My suppliers are pretty sure it would work when I have the right ECU for it.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2