Fordmods Logo

help fitting lpg 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: help fitting lpg
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

hi i need help finding someone to fit the main gas line in as all I did was all the wiring, install the tank and the converter. I now need to get a LPG installer, to run all the gas lines (The Vapour line, the filler line and the service line). but no one wonts to do it they wont to install it all themself and charge me between $1300/$2000 to fit a second hand unit so i need help finding someone any were in NSW to fit it or if i can get it done in VIC,QLD complied and do the paper work at the RTA in NSW

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:02 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

good luck. When they install/certify it they are certifying the entire system is installed correctly AND safely.

As a motor mechanic i wouldnt sign off on any work that anyone else did. Not because i dont trust but because if something does go wrong it leaves my a** on the line.

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

If they are charging you that much to " fit " a s/h system, they are really giving you a f*ck off price, so you will buy a new system.

There used to be a couple of places in melb that would fit s/h gas systems, but a mate of mine went looking for one recently & wasn't able to find one, they all said it's not worth it, wouldn't do it or wanted to charge him upto $2000 to fit it.

I can remember getting my torana converted back in 2000, when i was a rather poor student. The install cost $700 & the hardware was about $300 from the wreckers. I know modern car's are more complex, but really the LPG hardware that's getting around the s/h markets doesn't really require that much to hook it up. I honestly think more than $1000 to hookup & slap a compliance plate on it is getting greedy. 2 guys working on say a eb ford fitting a gas donut infront of the throttle body, i'm sure they could knock it over in about 3 hrs. And there isn't $500 in copper pipe & wiring in a conversion!

A few years ago, my g/f's bro & i installed the lpg in his HX v8, and had it certified by a workshop he knew well. It took us about 3hrs to install the hardware & give it a rough tune to run on gas. It really wasn't that hard!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]