Fordmods Logo

How much to convert to liquid gas injection? 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 189

Joined: 12th Mar 2011

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUI XL Falcon

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

hi guys, just want a rough estimate on how much it would cost to convert my ute to liquid gas injection? could be something to save up to and get in the future

cheers, Matt

 

_________________

MA77US' AU Ute Build.
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

MA77US wrote:
hi guys, just want a rough estimate on how much it would cost to convert my ute to liquid gas injection? could be something to save up to and get in the future

cheers, Matt

+1
I want to know the ins and outs of this too.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

here is no single answer to that.
It would be $4500 to $6000 depending on who you get the price from and what brand kit they use.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
here is no single answer to that.
It would be $4500 to $6000 depending on who you get the price from and what brand kit they use.

wow thats expensive, we can get the orbital LLI complete engine (green rocker cover) and kit for $1150 from the wreckers, ok you dont get the tank but still.

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 189

Joined: 12th Mar 2011

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUI XL Falcon

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

i just dont fully know the differences in set up from normal lpg conversion to liquid fuel injection. so in response to chris sieclay, are they parts for liquid gas injection or just the normal lpg?

cheers, matt

 

_________________

MA77US' AU Ute Build.
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 862

Joined: 8th May 2005

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

Location: Colac
VIC, Australia

Not sure whats done to your ute, but unless you want the kit for power? Personally I would go vapor injection. There are alot of good vapor kits getting around now days. As good as liquid injection is it is just way over priced.

 

_________________

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 189

Joined: 12th Mar 2011

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUI XL Falcon

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Sloxr6 wrote:
Not sure whats done to your ute, but unless you want the kit for power? Personally I would go vapor injection. There are alot of good vapor kits getting around now days. As good as liquid injection is it is just way over priced.


ohk, this vapor kit sounds good. do you know if you loose power with the vapor injection?

 

_________________

MA77US' AU Ute Build.
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 862

Joined: 8th May 2005

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

Location: Colac
VIC, Australia

Nah man not really drives very similar to petrol I have the missus Ba Fairlane with a XR8 motor and my Ba wagon with a XR6 turbo motor on vapor injection I am happy with both.

 

_________________

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 189

Joined: 12th Mar 2011

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUI XL Falcon

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

hmmmmm well i guess if i put xr6 engine in my car then put vapor injection on it will be about the same power, maybe even more then i have at the moment

 

_________________

MA77US' AU Ute Build.
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 862

Joined: 8th May 2005

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

Location: Colac
VIC, Australia

Yeah mate on your au if its just a standard motor chances are you will have the same power if not just a tad more.

 

_________________

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

MA77US wrote:
i just dont fully know the differences in set up from normal lpg conversion to liquid fuel injection. so in response to chris sieclay, are they parts for liquid gas injection or just the normal lpg?

cheers, matt


its the factory setup, liquid gas injection.

http://www.atholparkfordwreckers.com/in ... ductId=334

that link working?

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Last edited by chris sieclay on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

What is the Gas set up that compresses at a higher rate than petrol?
I think it may be the vapour kit...
but I was talking to a mates Dad about it,
and he said that it is colder, therefore compresses more etc.
Injecting directly into the cylinder heads rather than having the mess around like the conventional method of LPG, giving you a boost in power
I think this might be the kit MA77US is thinking of.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

REW93N wrote:
What is the Gas set up that compresses at a higher rate than petrol?
I think it may be the vapour kit...
but I was talking to a mates Dad about it,
and he said that it is colder, therefore compresses more etc.
Injecting directly into the cylinder heads rather than having the mess around like the conventional method of LPG, giving you a boost in power
I think this might be the kit MA77US is thinking of.

im no expert on gas as a fuel but i believe its colder because of its expansion rate and that takes energy, it should take up more room in the combustion chamber.. the chamber being a closed system but im just guessing based on my high school physics class which was a long time ago.

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

chris sieclay wrote:
REW93N wrote:
What is the Gas set up that compresses at a higher rate than petrol?
I think it may be the vapour kit...
but I was talking to a mates Dad about it,
and he said that it is colder, therefore compresses more etc.
Injecting directly into the cylinder heads rather than having the mess around like the conventional method of LPG, giving you a boost in power
I think this might be the kit MA77US is thinking of.

im no expert on gas as a fuel but i believe its colder because of its expansion rate and that takes energy, it should take up more room in the combustion chamber.. the chamber being a closed system but im just guessing based on my high school physics class which was a long time ago.

So what type of gas conversion is that?

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How much to convert to liquid gas injection?
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 158

Joined: 25th Dec 2010

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Ash wrote:
chris sieclay wrote:
MA77US wrote:
i just dont fully know the differences in set up from normal lpg conversion to liquid fuel injection. so in response to chris sieclay, are they parts for liquid gas injection or just the normal lpg?

cheers, matt


its the factory setup, liquid gas injection.

http://www.atholparkfordwreckers.com/in ... ductId=334

that link working?


Sorry to tell you but the factory fitted Ford LPG is not liquid injection. Its not even vapour injection. Its old school, see the single gas line going into the mixer/throttle body?


ah ok man no worries.. scratch that one.
yeah i can see the difference from this one..
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor. ... D9007CA722

 

_________________

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Last edited by chris sieclay on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names