Fordmods Logo

How to overhaul IMPCO converter?? 

Page 6 of 6 [ 87 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: How to overhaul IMPCO converter??
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Futura wagon, BF MKIII Wagon

QLD, Australia

job done.....just drive

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

the reason i dont answer the questions that have been asked of me is:

I asked for a picture, yet instead I got a group of anonymous users preaching to me about right and wrong..

did it help? no

as for what sealants I used...what does it matter...I have been labelled a backyardy and condemned numerous times...why would anything I say now be of use other than for receipt of ongoing criticism and abuse...

while you folk continue on with your rants, I am out driving...

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:32 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Attitude - it'll get you everytime, that's why you need to work on it regularly to improve your development as a person throughout life.
I thought I knew everything there was to know about LPG, until a few people more experienced and knowledgeable on here put me in my place.
Yeah it hurt, and I had a choice to let my ego take it personally and treat them with contempt, or realise they were simply trying to help and educate me.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

Thanks Snap I was trying to work out a reply and thought no point it will only fall on blind eyes [Deaf Ears]. As you say we were trying to help just not how he wanted to do it. But it's good it worked and may be he will get it checked. Regards TPVM.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah, it's always good to see someone have a win - so long it's not compromised with shortcuts and incorrect workmanship - see this all too much with LPG than conventional mechanicals.
Another thing is reading and contributing to a thread and going away knowing more than when you started, and that depends on the mindset of the individual for this to happen.
What you put out there you get back - put out good, receive good - if you whinge and whine, that's what you get back.
You can make excuses and blame others, but that person in the mirror that looks back knows all and can't be fooled.

So I hope you and others that try to contribute and share their knowledge (and it doesn't need to be much) will stick around - we lose from this forum too many with expertise in a lot of fields.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

galapogos01 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
All you can think about is your wallet.

Sorry but it has to be said. How about you share what sealant to use? Or are you thinking about your wallet too?

Two or three professionals posting in the thread and none with advice as to what to use. I've seen "professionals" do some pretty dodgy work and though I don't know this bloke from a bar of soap i'm sure he took every precaution he could to make sure he didn't blow himself up. Posting fear messages rather than helpful advice isn't going to solve much.

Do you hate on people playing with their Petrol system?

I use a Pertek Product that has A.G.A. approval (as per AS1425) and it is available in any Pertek store. There are a number of other brands that have A.G.A. approved sealers.
Any one with a copy of AS1425 would know what to use.

No I don't hate on people working with their petrol systems.

And we haven't given advice in this thread as it is legislated that People with out a "Gas Work Authorization" are not allowed to work on ANY lpg equipment.

We (the gas fitters you speak of) quite often give out advice on these forums, But we won't do it in threads where people are asking for this type of advice. I/We are not posting fear messages, we are posting reality. We have seen what LPG can do in the wrong hands. It isn't pretty and people have been killed.

We have copies of the standard AS1427 which covers LPG as engine fuel in vehicles. I can't speak for the other fitters here, but I have read and re-read it many times and can quote you almost anything you needed to know, That also means I know it well enough to know that trusting your memory isn't good enough, referring to the book/s is the only way to guaranty compliance. I also know that backyarders with out a copy wouldn't have the slightest clue if what they are doing complies.

Quote:
Or are you thinking about your wallet too?

Some one has already made a poor attempt at accusing me of this. My reply was take a look at where I live for a start. No one on this forum with LPG live close enough for me to be able to work on their cars for a start. My second point is I'm pretty much constantly booked out weeks in advance and sure as hell don't want or need the type of customers that try to fix their own crap with advice from the internet.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:35 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

sealant used found on this website....www.loctite.com.au

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:36 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

copies of AS docs, MSDS, TDS can all be found on the web...

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Denislovesit wrote:
copies of AS docs, MSDS, TDS can all be found on the web...

Where are you finding these "copies"? Australian Standards are not cheap.
I have an access login to sai global for my job and have access to all standards.
Listen to Tickford_6. He DOES know what he is talking about. Maybe you should ask if he knows of any good lpg service centres near you so THEY can help you out safely.

Cheers

Sam

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Denislovesit wrote:

Ditto re AS.
And also . . .
So what type ?? Not all Loctite sealants are equal.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im looking to buy just the impco converter and 200 mixer to put onto my parents car but my lpg dude said it only, come's as a under bonnet kit consisting of mixer, converter and lpg processor.

Is this true or can i just get converter, bracket and 200 mixer???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Denislovesit wrote:

Unless it specifically states the AGA approval number on the tube it doesn't meet the Australian Standard.

ALL of the AGA approved sealent pastes and tapes i've seen have also been yellow in color

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6