Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: How to regain the power loss after converting to sprint gas
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef xr8 xcop

VIC, Australia

MMD wrote:
low_ryda wrote:

How many taxi's out there are running LPG ???
Sure they are Dual Fuel and start on Petrol - most taxi's don't get run on petrol - Start Car at start of shift drive 350K's, turn off to refuel start on petrol.

avg taxi engine life say 500,000K's so in that time it gets like ~50,000 Squirts of petrol - that enough to Lube the engine ? (that's probably being generous on the amount of petrol starts it gets)

Secondly you can get a Flash Lube Valve saver - never looked into it to see if it does they job it is intended but it is available.

I use to own a taxi buisness (untill i got divorced LOL) and most of the taxi's these days are straight gas and the ones that arent dedicated gas get run on at least 1 or maybe 2 tanks of petrol every week...............
also they dont run a whole tank of gas without turning the car off :) in a taxi you turn the car off after every customer so they get stopped and started hundreds of time a day way more times than your average private car that only gets driven a couple times a day.......

EF XR8 option 20 police interceptor :)

REPCO cars are our life too..........

Post subject: Re: How to regain the power loss after converting to sprint gas
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

To the OP.

Considering you can't really do much with the intake side of things due to the gas mixer, you need to look towards your exhaust to increase power. Depending on budget, if it's not much, start by removing the rear muffler & possibly the small 1st muffler if you have a completely stock system.

I found my EB was still fairly quiet with only the middle large stock muffler, stock manifold, cat & pipe size. Made a good increase to my performance & economy for bugger all cost.

Currently the EB has a set of pacemaker extractors, 2.5" commodore cat, 2.5" straight thru muffler, and a 2.5" resonator up the back. It's still fairly loud, but legal, and has a nice little idle note.

To the guy saying about seeing more heads failing from gas injection, it sounds more like a lean tune would have caused it, and yes, many lpg setup's are tuned lean for economy reasons! I have a LPG Injection setup on my EB, it's almost 5 years & 180,000 kms old, running pretty good. Only thing i've had fail a few times other than the head gaskit, was the distributor.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2