Fordmods Logo

Long Range Fuel Tank 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Long Range Fuel Tank
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

Hello,

I am writing this email make enquires on getting a long range fuel tank manufactured for my AU3 Falcon Sedan. This particular vehicle is a dedicated LPG vehicle; so therefore, I am chasing a long range LPG tank. This vehicle does NOT have any ULP on it. I am after a capacity and cost of having the tank built.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter Bialasinski

I LOVE THE TASTE OF A SALTY MAN MEMBER

Post subject: Re: Long Range Fuel Tank
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XB wagon / FE LTD

VIC, Australia

where is the main tank fitted now? you can run 2 tanks with a single filler to dual tank fill

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8 ute

VIC, Australia

The tank in dedicated gas au's is in place of where the fuel tank would be. From memory I think mine was 100L and looked like 3 big cylinders. Im sure if you hit up a gas place you could get a 2nd hand 80L boot one installed for $500 or less. I assume that you would need a gauge on each one though. If youre worried about running out somewhere, there is a super dodgy very dangerous but if you do it right, a successfull way of putting more LPG in on the side of the road. Basically a bbq gas bottle with a peice of hose going to the tank coupling, once its screwed on and you undo the bbq gas bottle, the pressure equalises between the 2, putting gas from the bottle into the tank.

This dilemma is why I will never own another LPG and especially NEVER another dedicated gas car. As a taxi around town it works but then you still have all the other lpg problems like backfiring, bad smells, running badly and the guage never being anywhere near accurate. Have to admit though my egas au ex taxi with 660,000km on it, when it did run, went like a bloody rocket, for what it was anyway.

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XB wagon / FE LTD

VIC, Australia

sounds like the scuba tank system which i have in my xb wagon since 1996, best investment i've made and power a zl fairlane efi 6cyl (gas only) > http://home.people.net.au/~tj454342/TOMBO.htm
can fit another tank at back seat np. as for the gas bottle, back in the 70's we used to set up a 'T' piece tap system in the engine bay to run a line from main supply to run a BBQ while watching bathurst or switch main tank off and run engine from bottle..... 8-) don't think we'd get away with that these days.tom

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

The sedan has 2 tanks attached together ... one smaller than the other ... at the back of the vehicle.

I am pretty sure you can get another tank installed in the boot ... but you need to get it hooked up with a hydrostatic valve so it draws from all tanks ... and for filling as well.

Another thing is that you will need another gauge ... if you can find out what resistance range the tank sender is ... you can get aftermarket gauges for that range and utilise that .... I think there is an Autometer gauge that you can actually adjust for different ranges as well.

Best to speak to an LPG mechanic who really knows their stuff though.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]