LPG Install MELBOURNE 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: LPG Install MELBOURNE
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hi, search not working atm: I have had a look on Google and found a place right over on the other side of town, just wandering here if any Melbourne members have their Ford's on LPG and where did they get it done?

Cheers.

Also, how much am I looking at spending to get it installed, tuned etc.

I want to spend the extra $ for a tune.

My mate got his 92 VP commodore put on LPG, tuned and whatever else they do for $2800 ($800 after the rebate) up in Sheppo, but it aint likely I'm driving up there to do it lol.

Any help is very much appreciated...

Cost me 95 i think to fill up my tank yesterday, and Ive used 1/4 of the tank in 24 hours lol... Then again ive been in the car for a while too. I will pay for petrol for the next few weeks but really want to get the gas tank in their ASAP.

Cheers :)

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Post subject: Re: LPG Install MELBOURNE
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: LTDHO

VIC, Australia

Don't go to Ultimate Gas in Carrum Downs

Very below average work, discusting customer service and BS excuses.

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok cheers, I had there number down to call, won't bother with them now haha.

I'm going to give OzyGas a call, they in Campbelfield

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got a quote from OzyGas, $2450,

* 65 L tank
* New spark plugs
* Gas tune up
* 1000 km gas service

Seems pretty reasonable, they also have all the papers there in order to get the gov rebate...

The hunt continues

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU II XR6

VIC, Australia

Just had mine done 3 weeks ago with EZYGAS. They priced me $2299 before rebate = $299 out of pocket, real happy! :D . The install was quite good, 1 day turnaround, new plugs, 1000km service, 68L useable. Give them a buzz.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Cheers mate will do :wink:

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Lakeside Auto in Reservoir are good and also cheap. Look them up and give them a call.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Tanboxer what size tank did u get? I dont want one toooo big that u open the boot and r like: Woah..

Lol, i was thinking 65L but meh the boot is F massive anyway.

Yeah I rang EzyGas, gotta make a deposit before 5pm (waiting for my mums credit card cos i dont have one) and I'll be booked in for later this month. 299 out of pocket is f-ing good..

Did they give ur engine a tune too?

Cheers for the heads up, these guys seem good :)

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i went to ezy gas
wont go again

once you go past your 1000k complimentary service their attitude towards me changed.

We got 3 cars done at the same time
AU VCT i6
EL I6
and a 2000 Toyota HiAce
all got the Flash Lube kit.

On the AU Install was good, The flash lube went into the BBM just after the TB. BUT they disabled the VCT. and didn't Gap the plugs - no complimentary Air Cleaner either.

The Toyota Installed Gas filler wrong Spot even though were specifically asked to place it in a different spot. (were told that morning where it is to go - picked up the same day)
after about 10,000K's the car wouldn't start - they just pushed us off. We went to a local Mechanic/tuner - problem fixed and Gas ECU re calibrated Economy went up 50k's a tank easy.

and the EL Flash Lube installed into the Fuel Rail (so cylinder 6 gets flash lube 5 gets a little less cylinder 1 probably gets nothing) Spark Plugs Gapped to .9 as they said they would -BUT ALL plugs overtightened so much i broke 4 of the 6 getting them out, number 2 was so tight that it broke twice, removed with an easy out and a heli coil put in. Luckily the head gasket was leaking and the head had to come off anyway but still added $100 to the cost of my reco. And the Gas filler is in the stupidest position that it is a pain in the a*** to get the petrol cap off and on. They had 3 attempts to position it better - no luck. Considering the AU had no problem you think they could get it right on an EL. Fixed this myself a bit later on.

All these things were discovered within 12 months of converting, they didn't want to hear about our problems just blamed the cars age or someone else.

Also my EL has an 80L tank - fill's up to about 68/70 litre's

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

Get a secondhand set from a wreckers or ebay.
Replace the converter/vaporiser itself with a new one and have it certified.
you still get the gov grant and end up with cash in your pocket or so I am told

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

MMD - Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with EZYGAS. I went with them coz they converted my wife's VT back in '06 and we've never had a prob with it since (knock on wood!).

The EZYGAS branch i went to was the one in CARRUM DOWNS, one of their newer branches. The VT conversion was subcontracted through another place in Frankston called APS. Good conversion, cant really say much about their customer service :| Only time will tell with the XR's conversion.

Either way, I think it's just a case of "you win some, you learn some"

Alex - Your conversion should be a good one. Like everywhere else, no guarantees but keep optimistic. EZYGAS changed my plugs and tuned the car. They did offer to change my air filter but already had an FRAM one. The tank i got is 68L useable, but you'll be surprised that it doesnt consume too much of your boot space (only took up about a third, bloody huge boot!)
Gotta love the savings you make once you're on gas. Have literally halved my fuel bill per month.
Keep us updated!

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well its too late to turn back now, I have booked the car in for later this month, hopefully I have my car back by then as it is in Just Car Insurance's hands as we speak. Suspension needs fixing + power steering + new panel and headlight, shouldnt be more than 2 weeks I hope, I can always push the booking back..

The bloke said they convert about 5-6 EL's a week and said it works well with them so that was reasuring.

Just wandering, where on the car do you fill the gas tank up from?

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

The guys installed the gas filler next to the petrol filler. Not too sure about the EL's but the AU's have plenty of room in the filler compartment to accomodate for the LPG filler. It's discreet and hassle-free. They should let you know when you take your car in, otherwise just tell them where you want it.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 5sp EL GLi

VIC, Australia

My EL had an install done at Ezygas Blackburn in September.
I found them very good to deal with, excellent customer service and have had no problems with the system.
Yes the filler is in the fuel door, next to the petrol filler. They replaced the petrol cap with a lower profile one so the two caps don't obstruct each other.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

StoneMan353 wrote:
My EL had an install done at Ezygas Blackburn in September.
I found them very good to deal with, excellent customer service and have had no problems with the system.
Yes the filler is in the fuel door, next to the petrol filler. They replaced the petrol cap with a lower profile one so the two caps don't obstruct each other.

Glad to here man, So far I have been impressed with customer service.. I am hoping for the best :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next