lpg mixer 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: lpg mixer
Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

That being the case, I'm definitely getting one with my TAP module and this.. I should get pretty reasonable performance from my LPG install... sweet.

And later on when I get the charger in.. I can get a second one to handle the extra flow.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I currently have a LPG spare's B2 style converter with impco 200 mixer and would like to go BLOS mixer with custom intake pipe, but dont have anyone in Sydney that know they BLOS at all...

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

frankieh wrote:
That being the case, I'm definitely getting one with my TAP module and this.. I should get pretty reasonable performance from my LPG install... sweet.

And later on when I get the charger in.. I can get a second one to handle the extra flow.

Just bought one!!!!

will have it in mid june apparently.

Then we shall see!

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well... it's bought.. paid for and apparently it was posted 2 days ago.

Can't wait.

When it arrives I'll probably take a day off work to get it working and install the TAP module while I'm there.

Want to pick up a new EL or AU intake knuckle and piping as I'm going to use my existing intake piping and mixer on the wifes EF as her mixer is very restrictive.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Falcon EL

WA, Australia

How did you go with the BLOS? I am interested to get one on my EL falcon as well. Will they work on v8's? Or is that asked too much?

Cheers

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Sure they will work on V8's...

IF you want the benefits though.. you will need 2 of them.

I got this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 1027429095

however I am now looking for a second one simply because at WOT it is smaller than my mixer.

they are pretty small so fitting two in shouldn't be too difficult.

I have a B2 to connect them too now also.

cheers

Frank

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford Falcon EL

WA, Australia

Cool! - cheers for letting me know. Been wondering about them for a while - might give it a go.

Mark.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

frankieh wrote:
I have a B2 to connect them too now also.

Isn't the B2 a simple, or negative pressure, converter (Impco/GRA style)?

The ebay page says:
Quote:
The BLOS ... is fed from a standard vaporizer (required is a positive type, european style one).

Complex converters (with idle and sensitivity adjustments) are also known as positive pressure.

So you will need a euro converter (OMVL, Landi Renzo, Airod, Aussie P4 or P6, etc, etc) or 2.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Good to know.

ITs not actually a B2.. it's a H420 which I'm told has similiar capacity to a B2. Don't know if it is suitable or not.. it says here:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-350HP-PROPANE-REGULATOR-N-H420-SA-VAPORIZER-CONVERTER-SILICONE-WOODWARD-LPG-/170869028547?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c89676c3

That it's a two stage regulator. I got it because it was going for 40 dollars and I figured I could use it somewhere if not on mine. It says it is rated to 313kw.. which looked good for the money.

This appears to be a schematic.. I don't see any sensitivity (I'm at work and it's at home presently.)

Bit of research shows it's almost a clone of a B2.. so I guess I'll keep this one for if I ever go GRA. :-)

My current converter is a MGA GPL Super + Converter GE-XL

Wondering if it can convert enough to feed two BLOS carbs. I should have the second one shortly.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

frankieh wrote:
Wondering if it can convert enough to feed two BLOS carbs.

As long as it can convert enough to feed your engine it'll be right. Two BLOS on your setup will run a little over 2/3 their capacity.

OMVL R90E converters seem to be highly regarded. Used to be poisonously expensive new, but there's a shop on ebay now - vland autogas - who do them new for $220. They also have overhaul kits so if you pick up a used cheapy you can put in new seals and diaphragms.

The local Sprintgas dealer has always been cagey about the maximum engine power the R90E can flow enough to support. It has coped with my Raptor-blown engine OK though, and has seen 6200 rpm without complaint. In fact the couple of times it's been on the dyno it's been rich up to 5000 rpm. And there are a couple of easy mods that can be done to increase flow.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

That is awesomely helpful info Sly... Thankyou.

Have you played with the BLOS before? I must admit I was disappointed when I saw how small the venturi was... 2 of them should be fine for when I put the m90 in though yes?

I think the converter on my wifes car is a OMVL R90E so perhaps it's time for a swapsy. :-)

cheers

Frank

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

I haven't played with BLOS carbs... yet. I have 2 on the way. The Airod variable mixer has been great, but I have had starting issues for a while now - crank, fire, stall, crank, fire, run. Apparently this is typical of the Airod mixer. It probably needs someone who knows them to tune it properly - they need a spring appropriate to the available boost. The only lpg mechanic around here who knows anything about them swears at them, not by them.

A bit of sniffing around on the interwebz last night turned up some members on Commodore and Magna forums who are getting some solid results from BLOS carbs. Typically they are single BLOS on unboosted engines.

Comments are along the lines of "50km more per tank", "no more hard starting", "much better performance on both lpg and petrol after replacing the restrictive mixer".

Ironically, many of these people credit this forum for putting them onto the BLOS carb in the first place. We seem to be lagging behind in actual takeup though. Time to take the lead again methinks.

BTW can anyone suggest where I might be able to get a 3/4" barbed brass Y-piece? I've found a tee on ebay but I'd prefer a Y.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Sorry Frank, I meant to say also that the BLOS carbs have been variously quoted as being good for about 200hp or 150kW, just very slightly less than enough to serve a bog-stock EF-AU.

So if you're getting more than 300kW at the flywheel out of your M90 setup (roughly 220 RWKW) then maybe 2 BLOS aren't enough. I haven't checked your build thread lately, but I wouldn't expect an M90 to double an I6's max power. Off-idle to midrange shove, yes, but 2 BLOS will handle that OK.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

well if I'm getting 300kw after I put the BLOS carbs on.. and I need more... I'll get three of them. :-)

They are small and since the m90 goes under the intake manifold, I can probably put the carbs down behind the front bar. (which is a BA GT/EL xr6 hybrid with scads of room) or possibly down near the thermo relay block.

Actually, I would be pretty happy with just a lazy 220kw at the back wheels. (car is manual and much more than that would probably kill the T5 anyway.)

Engine is new and has had some work done to the head and a cam/strags/3 inch cat/mandral exhaust.

I'm not after a 6000rpm beast. I'm after as much torque as I can get, as low down the rev range as I can get it.... I'm not after a dyno racer, just big mountains of torque down low for towing my boat and messing around without reving the rings out of the motor.

The only time it would be reved over 5k would be getting dyno tuned. :-)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2