Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

My personal experiance is this

2008 BFII Petrol XL Utility

$110 to fill, 500km to a tank around town

2008 EGAS LPG XL Utility

$55-$60 to fill, 550-600km to a tank around town (90L tank)

which is basically half the running cost, and MORE range.

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

I worked out that running gas for the past ten years and driving about 400,000klm I have saved about $30,000

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon

QLD, Australia

personally gas is the way to go bro

na

Post subject: lpg
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I cannot view or download the calculator???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: lpg
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

MICKYYYY wrote:
I cannot view or download the calculator???

I just did then. Make sure you are logged in, and don't have restrictions on downloading XLS files

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:15 am 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

this is good it will help me shut my dad up about his vt wagon on petrol being "cheaper" to run than my ed wagon on gas

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Post subject: Re: Petrol vs LPG cost calculator - UPDATED
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Just did a run in my old EL on gas (now my brother's) Went from Canberra to inner North Sydney and back. Did just on 600km, averaged 12L/100km and cost 8c/km.
Factory Vialle gas and 300,000 kms on the engine.
Sat on 110-120km on the highway and probably 1.5hrs in city traffic total.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

thats a really good calculator ; based on my current info will take me 10 months to get my money back on the system :|

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

Once I can get the bonus again, I'm thinking of getting a Territory and converting it :-)

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Ford BA GT

SA, Australia

We purchased a new BA Series 1 Station Wagon, in May 2004, as soon as the warrenty ran out we put Gas on her.
Dual Fuel for Holidays, as myself and missus still enjoy the great Australian road trip, when on Annual leave.
It cut our fuel costs in half....

But you know what.....we traded her in for a second hand mint condition BA GT with only 51000 ks on the Clock.

Now we run a 5.4 litre V8 with SS cold air induction, pace maker headers and a D&T Sports exhaust.

xxxx the cost of the petrol.... and the Holidays is a whole lot more fun.

GT means Grand Tourer...not, Garage Terminated, gathering dust during the Holidays !

Yeeeeehaaaaa ! Squeal....Vroooom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

hi folks.. I think I can knock up a perl or javascript version of this spreadsheet. then we could have a web based version...

Shame it doesnt' differentiate between carby/mixer/vapor/liquid I don't think my gas km per litre is the same as my older mixer and carby systems.. I seem to be getting roughly equal to petrol. (to be honest my petrol usage was terrible... presumably due to the aggressive tune and increased boost (16psi) but I've only had it working for a couple of weeks and I've saved about 90 bucks on fuel already. using a tank a week..... which is what I was doing on petrol (just about) the petrol tank is 60 litres I think and the JTG system has 54 usable litres.. and I'm getting a tank a week on gas now.. which is 88 cents a litre verses 1.70 for premium 98 (have to run that cos of the boost)

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I just recently had my "bomb car" converted with an impco 200 mixer & b2 converter, it's an old ED fairmont, and I'm saving about $60 a week after a few weeks, fuel receipts & mileage to prove it.

My wife also got her BA XR8 converted to liquid LPG Injection, and saving heaps running it compared to when it was on petrol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Another benefit that LPG has to offer has been missed.

Your engine WILL last longer (ceteris paribus) as Gas isn't diluting the oil like petrol, so theoretically, your oil change intervals can be extended too.

Less carbon (from petrol use) / soot in the oil with LPG as well (I think LPG is nil as it burns clean anyway).

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Kerby wrote:
Another benefit that LPG has to offer has been missed.

Your engine WILL last longer (ceteris paribus) as Gas isn't diluting the oil like petrol, so theoretically, your oil change intervals can be extended too.

Less carbon (from petrol use) / soot in the oil with LPG as well (I think LPG is nil as it burns clean anyway).

Having said that, I wouldn't extend out the service intervals, do it by the book for good long engine life. The less carbon part is true, oil in my Xr8 (straight LPG atm) and my Eb Ghia - 90% LPG use, is much cleaner at 10,000kms than my mighty boy or my Landcruiser diesel.

After running around in my "bomb car" which funily enough is actually well maintained with lots of new parts ED Fairmont auto, with IMPCO LPG, set to run lean & has an "injector" to richen it up when it's required, ie power not cruise, I can get a bit over 300kms to a 65lt tank. That's 100-150kms less than my modified EB Ghia 5spd with a cam & j3 chip and LPG Vapor Injection, and around 100km less than my wife's BA Xr8 on Liquid LPG Injection with a spare wheel tank, which is 55lt iirc?

Still cheaper than petrol. I had it fit because I had most of the hardware (converter, tank, mixer & filler point, lock off's, dash switch) & it wasn't going to cost much more than the grant ($1000) to have it fit. If I didn't have the hardware, a cheap vapor injection setup would have been a better long term investment. I know this from having the Ghia on Easyjet Vapor injection since 2004! Yep a whole decade of running it! I don't plan on having "bomb car" for more than another 6mths before I sell it. It's temporary auto transport due to a left knee injury.

Even my modified EB Xr8 5spd with impco 425 get's 350-400kms a tank around town driving with a bit of enthusiasm.

There is no reason you can't have a big grunty V8 or turbo making good power with good L/100 economy on LPG these days with liquid injection. My wife is loving the cheaper weekly fuel bill!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I must admit that I am stoked with the economy I am getting with the JTG liquid gas setup. I've been taking photos of my cluster with the LPG bill next to it so I can get a long term milage picture from it when I get around to it.

The economy could be even better too. I need to get the tune adjusted as according to my air fuel ratio.. I'm running a bit rich at the moment and there doesn't seem to be any sort of lean mode, even cruising in top gear at less than 2000rpm its still at 14.6 ish.

The best part is the fact that you can actually easily tell that its more powerful on the gas.. It just launches harder.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next