Fordmods Logo

Removing LPG restrictions/forced induction with LPG? 

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: Removing LPG restrictions/forced induction with LPG?
Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Thanks Slick, it arrived today so we'll see what happens, if it works well good if not tickford _6 was right, but hey I'm trying and it only cost $50 ffs! btw mine is a 5.0l V8 so no bbm :D

V8 aye.
Don't worry about d**k, he has an over inflated pride & his always right. plus he likes to point out miss-worded errors in a post so he can feel big to the communities eyes. :wink:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Slick wrote:
V8 aye.
Don't worry about d**k, he has an over inflated pride & his always right. plus he likes to point out miss-worded errors in a post so he can feel big to the communities eyes. :wink:

And you posting that is any different???

And you claiming that "twist & turns on the BBM to dictate manifold vacuum over the special textbook venturi effect of yesteryear"

lets just look at that for a minute, Sure twists and turns will create pressure drop at the valve (compared to what you see at the TB).
But that is in no way going to do anything for a gas mixer is it. There needs be a preesure drop across the mixer ring. There are two ways to do it. An inefficient mixer like the one posted that will create the pressure drop by flowing poorly. OR a venturi that will create the preeure while flow comparatively well.

But lets go right back to when you and fairlane6970 first started having a go at me in this thread.
This thread was all about removing restrictions in LPG systems. Fairlane6970 posts a pic of an obviously inefficient mixer. Being that this thread is about removing restriction, There for creating an efficient system. I pointed out the problems with the mixer he posted, It was constructive criticism. There is no other way to say it..

The comment about reinventing the wheel was directed at manufacturers who insist on creating rubbish like that. Not at you or fairlane6970. You both then decide to get personal about it.
You can't expect to post on a forum and only get answers that you want to hear.

If you need to be childish and feel you need to resort to calling d**k then fine.
one day you'll grow up.

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Slick wrote:
V8 aye.

And you claiming that "twist & turns on the BBM to dictate manifold vacuum over the special textbook venturi effect of yesteryear"

lets just look at that for a minute, Sure twists and turns will create pressure drop at the valve (compared to what you see at the TB).
But that is in no way going to do anything for a gas mixer is it. There needs be a preesure drop across the mixer ring. There are two ways to do it. An inefficient mixer like the one posted that will create the pressure drop by flowing poorly. OR a venturi that will create the preeure while flow comparatively well.

But lets go right back to when you and fairlane6970 first started having a go at me in this thread.
This thread was all about removing restrictions in LPG systems. Fairlane6970 posts a pic of an obviously inefficient mixer. Being that this thread is about removing restriction, There for creating an efficient system. I pointed out the problems with the mixer he posted, It was constructive criticism. There is no other way to say it..

The comment about reinventing the wheel was directed at manufacturers who insist on creating rubbish like that. Not at you or fairlane6970. You both then decide to get personal about it.

If you need to be childish and feel you need to resort to calling d**k then fine.
one day you'll grow up.

ha ha! you spelt pressure wrong twice :lol: :lol: sorry tickford_6 couldn't resist! TRUCE? I'll try and grow up, but at 48 I can't guarentee anything!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fairlane6970 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Slick wrote:
V8 aye.

one day you'll grow up.

ha ha! you spelt pressure wrong twice :lol: :lol: sorry tickford_6 couldn't resist! TRUCE? I'll try and grow up, but at 48 I can't guarentee anything!

whats your point? when have i ever picked on you for poor spelling?

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Good Lord! :roll: I was trying a bit of levity to lighten up the situation - but why worry the other guy said you pick at "miss-worded errors"! :roll:

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Chill out peoples. :lol:

hows the new mixer coming along Fairlane? :P

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Been busy with my "real" project - no progress atm :D

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Have been running the new mixer for a while and all seems good, but I have also put on a full exhaust / headers/ sports cats, finally got it tuned and there were a few issues, but it now runs very good, the new mixer (due to increase in size) made a weak signal? the guy said that it went really well and he was very happy with it, and seems little or no difference between gas and petrol either, will post a picture of mixers side by side to show the size increase, just ordered a spare (jic) and will post after it arrives! cheap improvement!

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Fantastic news, how is the idle quality and starting time and consistency? If its still good in a month then I will get one. Converter needed a retune of course? This can be done diy quite accurately yes? Although I've blown way too many filters and airboxes apart, all from vac leaks mind you. Worn o-rings on injectors etc :)

it can be fast and cheap,but it wont be reliable
it can be reliable and cheap,but it wont be fast
or you can be fast and reliable,but it wont be cheap

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Look I just chucked in and thought hey give it a go! worse case take it out but it was fine, Tune up through one of our sponsors here and it's sweet, when the car was put on the dyno (for a giggle) at our last dyno day it had only 101rwkw, so now with this and exhaust I'm waiting for the next one to see the difference. Idle was good even without tune starts on petrol by computer anyway so no difference but it feels to be pulling better for sure.

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
I just found one of these for about $50 it's 65mm internal, so I'll give it a go and see what happens, I'll keep you posted :D

Attachment:
streammixer2.jpg

Where did you get that from? $50, tune it myself

it can be fast and cheap,but it wont be reliable
it can be reliable and cheap,but it wont be fast
or you can be fast and reliable,but it wont be cheap

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0665887729 that's the one. Make sure you ask for the 70mm one as they make three sizes.

XE Fairmont Ghia

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5