Fordmods Logo

Rural Autogas - Ripoff?? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

Most small servos in country towns are privately owned, they just pay to use the brand name. Id rather give my money to the little fish than the corporate owned ones in the cities.
You can bet these little guys arnt raking in the money like you think, they wouldnt have the shop sales (chocolate, lollies, drinks etc) to offset the petrol cost.
Remember most servos make their money in the shop, not in fuel.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Post subject: LPG
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Far out 90.9c for lpg in townsville !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a complete rip off. It would be much cheaper to run your car on Fuel pay the govt 40c taxes and get better economy and still be ahead of LPG. How can they justify that rip off. Contract price is in the 20c range at the moment. Even with transport etc any more than 55c is robbery. With fuel at the low-high 90s LPG needs to be below 60c just to match fuel and forget saving anything. LPG at 40c is only a modest saving on Fuel at 90c.

Lets see who can find the dearest LPG! and the cheapest. Mobil Keysborough was 36.9cpl the other day.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairlane

QLD, Australia

I remember the good old days when I had my 1980 Datsun 200B LPG Model (one of 300 made as factory LPG). Gas in QLD was 10c/L , then I drove to Vic, in country NSW it was about 15-20c/L, huge mark up, then in Melbourne I was paying 2c/L near altona and 6c/L out of town. On the dole at the time I was able to do 300,000k each year till the motor died around the 800,000klm mark. Done about 20 trips from QLD to VIC in that time and covered most of QLD, arrr the good old days of the dole and being a teenager. I even remember the government saying back then LPG will never cost more then 1/3 the price of petrol. How things change.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2