SGI Vapour Injection 

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: SGI Vapour Injection
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Turbo VT, VL Calais Trubo, HQ SS

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys,

I was looking at getting a SGI vapour injection kit installed into my EL.

Just wondering if anyone can run me through the pros and cons of this system or if there is something better than this?

I will be supecharging the engine shortly with a snort PD blower.

Post subject: Re: SGI Vapour Injection
Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:44 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF eGas wagon 352wkw

SA, Australia

8-)

Hey champ, I too have got s***t all help on this forum.

I'm soon to be buying a Raptor S/C for my dedicated gas BF.
My challenge I'm running into is WHO or WHERE I can get info and kit to supply a conversion kit from the factory mixer setup to put a " liquid gas port injection " setup as the liquid port injection is supposed to be most efficient and almost as good as adding 2psi boost.

Be interesting to see how you get on

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey bud I know what you mean. If you are thinking of going liquid you will need to install a complete petrol system also.

Because the way liquid works the car will start up on petrol first and then switch to gas after.

I have just had my EL converted over to injected (in preparation for a snort supercharger system)

I went with the snort kit, as it looks factory in the engine bay and will provide instant throttle due the PD blower so it will be very fun to drive.

Also you can definately feel the difference in power with injected gas

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

8-)

I do believe you can get around the start on petrol part of it, getting hold of the peeps that have done straight gas setups is proving the challenge.

I have been told to talk to a mob, possibly out of Melb, called Hereford or something similar to that spelling.
They are the software side of things, ever heard of em.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

8-)

BTW, what is this kit you installed, is it the vapour setup?

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

LPG systems is one of those areas where information is hard to come by.
I think it stems from the industry being licensed and the enthusiast demand for it being quite low.

Your best bet is to contact a few installers, tell them what you want to do, and when they tell you they can't do it, they might drop a name of a business that would be more likely able to help.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hoff 73 wrote:
8-)

BTW, what is this kit you installed, is it the vapour setup?

Hi mate,
My kit is the sgi vapour injection system. I had it installed by south east gas conversions in rowvile. Speak to fed, his a top bloke.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Guys. If your looking at straight LPG look at the profire ecu

Regarding your comments about no help- be careful. There are many people here with a wealth of experience BUT. ... They aren't on here every 2 hours. Examples : benj and his wagon (LPG injection), toranaguy, and the panel van man.

If you mouth off telling us were useless were likely to ignore your post and wait for you to go to boosted forums or something.

Want proof? Have a search and see what input the above, or myself have had over how long

Im only here once every 2 weeks or so now

Nigel

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

I can count on one hand the number of members with E Series cars that have Vapour Injection installed on their cars.

And of those, none of them seem to have used the system you are looking at. This would probably account for why you didn't get response, as we have no experience with that system.

Typically, the cost of having an LPG Pro install an Vapour LPG system into your car will more than twice the value of the car, which is why there are not many takers.

There is plenty of detail in my build thread regarding the system I am using so if you want to have a look, go right ahead. That is why I posted it there.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

HI Guys,

BenJ has hit the nail on the head. There are very few Eseries with any form of Gas Injection on them, simply due to the cost. The few that are, well I know of 3 or 4 different systems.

Most of us are also older hands on here, and we are not online every couple of hours. Hell, sometimes I'm not online for a week at a time. Life is busy....

Anyway, the kit I have, a rather old one, called EasyJet - vapor system. I know a bit about it, but it's becoming long in the tooth(had it since 2004!), and parts are not cheap or readily available to keep it working. I too have a little bit of info in my build thread about it.

In regards to what LPG Injection to use in regards to a performance application, I'd be starting to talk to the established performance LPG workshops, see if they have fit anything & what they thought of it. RapidFlow in hoppers crossing comes to mind, they have been doing Hi-performance work for years with the GRA bits, and by now I'd imagine they would have done some injected systems.

You need to remember that LPG is a licensed industry, knowledge isn't commonly thrown about, and there are also a lot of installers out there that have no interest in performance installs. Even harder to get your hands on parts that will run in a high performance injected setup. Hell, I even have trouble getting my hands on service & repair parts for my system, yet I work in the Auto Trade!

I spent a lot of time trying to find info in regards to the electrical properties of the injectors in my system, to see if I could replace them with something higher flowing & readily available, never did get the answers I needed, because nobody actually had the info. All that was known was that the injectors worked with the easyjet ecu.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

Nigel wrote:
Regarding your comments about no help- be careful. There are many people here with a wealth of experience BUT. ... They aren't on here every 2 hours. Examples : benj and his wagon (LPG injection), toranaguy, and the panel van man.

Nigel

Cheers for that Nigel, was getting a bit excited about the new project and forgot my manners.

I have taken on board suggestions of from many of you and in conjunction with info from here, gone out to some of the local fitters etc, and made some calls interstate.
The Sequential Vapour injection is looking very promising, running twin injectors per cyl with fuel staging controlled by a Halltech Platinum Sport 2000 ECU, which should work well with the Raptor S/C.

The Vapour injection should mean i can use the tank and line etc with an under bonnet upgrade only.

Going liquid inj would mean changing every thing except maybe the filler line, which i think someone has already mentioned.

Exciting times.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Exciting times, and it sounds like it will be a beast, please post up pics & info when you get the hardware installed!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just one regulator?

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Did you at least check the profire ecu? That kind of work is exactly what it was for

That's also all they do

Nigel

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:43 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

MAD wrote:
Just one regulator?

Do i need more than one?

Sort by