Show us your gas injection 

Page 9 of 11 [ 164 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Show us your gas injection
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba turbo taxi

VIC, Australia

gaz084 wrote:
Thanks guys and yes it cost lots of money haha,but its still the only egas thats been blown so i am a happy man.

Quote:
not to put a damper on your day we did a turbo vapour egas conversion 4-5 years ago so supercharged maybe?

It made 236rwkw with stage two crow cams and a raptor supercharger,but then back down to 214rwkw when i took the cams out and intercooled it,its running 8psi with a 10:7:1 comp wich gives alot of usable tourqe especially in the midrange.

I havent really checked if it has two service lines hey it was a factory egas at first,but i would dare say they just ran a t-piece for the converters.

I first thought the heat shield would have been a good idea aswell but the guys that fitted it for me said it shouldnt be a drahma,wich it hasnt been yet.

The injectors are staged we found six could handle just over 200 rwkw with the largest sized nozzles fitted,so 12 should be able to handle 400rwkw,but i have heard my lock off valves,tanks,lines will start to become a problem after 300rwkw.

Quote:
we ran 280rwkw no hassles on egas tank

Keep the questions coming mate i love the attention haha

There are a few v8 setups i know of running 16 injectors both of them are pulling some massive numbers.......i used a haltech platnium sports ecu it has a 14 channel capacity with the latest software,its a great ecu,but i think what you need is a profire ecu its basiclly the same as a haltech but it was desighned soley for lpg injection it will handle 16 injectors.
But then you need to ask yourself how much power do you need,i did a fair bit of research about all of this when my car was being built and fount that the kehin brown dot injectors have the highest flow rate but quite expensive....i think i worked it out that 6 brown dot injectors could handle a little over 300rwkw

i need 380-400 so ill let you know how far a single service line lets me go!

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba turbo taxi

VIC, Australia

The Panel Van Man wrote:
Hi as Torana Guy said a Megasquirt may be the answer I hope so coz I've got one for the 372. As you said the flow rate can be problem in that the lockoffs act like a TX valve in your air con and start to freeze at high flow rates. [not a problem for the Mighty Boy] That's why I plan on using twin tanks, two service lines and two converters. The heat shields are a compliance thing not an operational thing. You can get higher flow lockoffs for the tank and E GAS run 5/16 line so that should be ok. In regard to how much power do you need as much as I can get coz I am trying to get a "Brick" [XF Panel Van] to do 155 plus MPH or 258 KPH On the Salt Flats next year. Your Ute would be Fun in the wet with plenty of RWKW and no weight. It is not hard to individualize your gas tanks and run two service lines with a common filler [I am a Gas fitter] at the moment they are T'd just at the back of the cabin. Then the SKY'S the limit. Regards Alan

we need to talk thats a good turbo taxi project!

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

Looks good, bet it was tight getting the converter in there. Regards TPVM.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

GAZ,
just had a read through your posts and noticed a few things.

First being that your car is a 2004 BA, Cars built 2004 on are required to be fitted with emissions certified LPG kits. Which quite clearly your's is not. the guys that fitted that gear and then fittied the compliance plate and issued you with a LPG certificate could find them selves in hot water over it, so it's probably best to remove their names from the thread.

Second is for anyone in QLD that thinks it's a good idea to do the same.
On top of the above issue, our cheif inspector issued a notice a few years back stating that the factory egas cars shall be fitted with replacement parts that are the same as the factory fitted in order to comply with emissions rules. that means they must use a mixer ring and must be fitted with viallie converters.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:12 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2004 ba egas ute

NSW, Australia

Quote:
not to put a damper on your day we did a turbo vapour egas conversion 4-5 years ago so supercharged maybe?

Oh ok would you have any pictures of this,would be interesting to see,i had a google and didnt find anything.

Supercharged Egas

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2004 ba egas ute

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
GAZ,
just had a read through your posts and noticed a few things.

First being that your car is a 2004 BA, Cars built 2004 on are required to be fitted with emissions certified LPG kits. Which quite clearly your's is not. the guys that fitted that gear and then fittied the compliance plate and issued you with a LPG certificate could find them selves in hot water over it, so it's probably best to remove their names from the thread.

Second is for anyone in QLD that thinks it's a good idea to do the same.
On top of the above issue, our cheif inspector issued a notice a few years back stating that the factory egas cars shall be fitted with replacement parts that are the same as the factory fitted in order to comply with emissions rules. that means they must use a mixer ring and must be fitted with viallie converters.

Yeah im not sure if it was or not i had some of the best fitters from a reputable gas company working on it so it very well could be.

Supercharged Egas

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA 3V Tunna

VIC, Australia

Help me please!!

I would like some recommendations for a good mechanic who deals with injected gas preferably in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

My BA 3V V8 ute has a Tartarini Sequential Gas Injected system and its running rough on gas. When accelerating while on gas it splutters and runs rough, barely has any power. Runs fine on petrol but s**t on gas.

Any help would be fantastic.
Thanks

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:25 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

^ Sounds like an ignition problem to me. Changed your plugs lately?

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

And why not a pic of my beloved now gone to the pastures EF

OMVL Dream21..

EL XR6 5spd

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:58 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys, The 383 on page one finally lives. 210 R,W,KW @ 4000, 510 Newton meters of torque. On first Dyno run, more to come when it's got a few more K's under it's belt. More Grunt than your average PIG farm. Photo's to come. Regards TPVM.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

The Panel Van Man wrote:
Hi Guys, The 383 on page one finally lives. 210 R,W,KW @ 4000, 510 Newton meters of torque. On first Dyno run, more to come when it's got a few more K's under it's belt. More Grunt than your average PIG farm. Photo's to come. Regards TPVM.

Nice work, I'm impressed. Can't wait to see those pics!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:10 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

HI guys further update on the 383. 256 Rear wheel kilowatts at 6000rpm and 1000 newton meters of torque. That's 343 rear wheel horse power. Bucket loads. Who needs petrol that's on normal pump lpg not propane. Pics to follow. Regards TPVM.

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

The Panel Van Man wrote:
HI guys further update on the 383. 256 Rear wheel kilowatts at 6000rpm and 1000 newton meters of torque. That's 343 rear wheel horse power. Bucket loads. Who needs petrol that's on normal pump lpg not propane. Pics to follow. Regards TPVM.

Wow! I wonder how good it would be on propane like you can get from Supagas? I know my EB pulls a lot harder when I fill up on a 100% propane bowser & then retune the ecu to suit. Just a pity it's a 30min drive to the nearest one for me.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:13 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hi Jay the problem we have is it only has a 65 litre tank and shes a bit thirsty. Have not got a k's per litre figure coz the odometer part of the speedo is not working [got the gear of Ebay but have not had time to fit it]. Some independent servo's do sell Supagas propane. Now just got to get the Salt Racer running on the Megasquirt and 16 gas injectors. Regards TPVM.

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:49 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

just spend the weekend at Tailem bend in SA with The Panel Van Man (you may have seen the car at all ford day) well we had a test and tune day and wow we had fun. only 1.2km to play with but still got to 119mph... more tuning needed tho.

http://youtu.be/vPSF6Uxbn3o

http://youtu.be/pGUQQtBtb-g

http://youtu.be/sxpqXAj23Ws

http://youtu.be/2_zZOtRKGSg

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 11  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next