Fordmods Logo

stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 398

Joined: 16th May 2010

Ride: 2010 G6E

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

hey, as the title suggests, my car is stalling as it switches itself over to gas and it's got me dumbfounded as i know little to nothing on the mechanical side, especially when it comes to gas.
upon telling a friend though, he told me his mum had the prolem the other week in a vt commodore, and it was the fuel pump? i'm open ot the idea of it but being gas it confuses me.
anyone had the problem?
it's happened before, though with time and heavy revving it usually kicks over.

 

_________________

be good or be good at it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 102

Posts: 466

Joined: 22nd Jun 2011

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

My car has a similar problem but it only sort of stutters rather than stalling, plus it only does it if the car is cold and you're not moving.

I suggest switch to gas once you're already moving and rolling along at the speed limit, make sure your foot is off the pedal while it's changing.

 

_________________

EL Ghia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

The overlap time is set wrong. It's basically flooding.
What gas system and processor and change over switch does it have.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 398

Joined: 16th May 2010

Ride: 2010 G6E

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

i'm not sure what those parts are to be able to tell you but if that was to be the problem, how do i fix it, and how/why would it arise out of the blue like this?

 

_________________

be good or be good at it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

teeroy wrote:
i'm not sure what those parts are to be able to tell you but if that was to be the problem, how do i fix it, and how/why would it arise out of the blue like this?



Thats a bit like asking me how long your piece of string is.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 398

Joined: 16th May 2010

Ride: 2010 G6E

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
teeroy wrote:
i'm not sure what those parts are to be able to tell you but if that was to be the problem, how do i fix it, and how/why would it arise out of the blue like this?



Thats a bit like asking me how long your piece of string is.


yeah, used some initiative and google images to help describe what you meant, the processor is agpa ambda LCU201 (well that's on the sticker) and the changeover switch is just a generic switch between gas and petrol with a led lpg guage.
that's the best i got for them two, tried checking to see if it was a stuck solenoid today by giving them a nice tap with the spanner but that done nothing, and i'd rather not start pulling things apart.
gonna book it in for a service tomorrow hopefully, if not sometime this week, just would rather know what i'm to expect so they don't rape me.
cheers anyway folks.

 

_________________

be good or be good at it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

teeroy wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
teeroy wrote:
i'm not sure what those parts are to be able to tell you but if that was to be the problem, how do i fix it, and how/why would it arise out of the blue like this?



Thats a bit like asking me how long your piece of string is.


yeah, used some initiative and google images to help describe what you meant, the processor is agpa ambda LCU201 (well that's on the sticker) and the changeover switch is just a generic switch between gas and petrol with a led lpg guage.
that's the best i got for them two, tried checking to see if it was a stuck solenoid today by giving them a nice tap with the spanner but that done nothing, and i'd rather not start pulling things apart.
gonna book it in for a service tomorrow hopefully, if not sometime this week, just would rather know what i'm to expect so they don't rape me.
cheers anyway folks.



I think if you don't trust the workshop not to rape you should probably be looking for some where els to take it.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 47

Joined: 12th Aug 2011

Ride: FG XR6 Turbo Ute

Location: Deer Park
VIC, Australia

What is condition when symptom arises? Hot/cold?
Maybe pour some hot water on convertor when trying to start. Convertor might be partially blocked and freezing over
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stalling upon switchover to gas, ideas?
Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 398

Joined: 16th May 2010

Ride: 2010 G6E

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
I think if you don't trust the workshop not to rape you should probably be looking for some where els to take it.

i'm yet to find out if they do charge high or not, they were good with installing the lpg system in the first place, $1750 whilst the rebate was $1750.
it's more i fear any high costs as my bankcard is already disagreeing with me at the moment.

FG270KW wrote:
What is condition when symptom arises? Hot/cold?
Maybe pour some hot water on convertor when trying to start. Convertor might be partially blocked and freezing over

I've tried both hot and cold, so it's not a freezing problem. it actually puzzled me as it was mid day and i had just been driving, pulled up at home for 15mins, went to start and boom, no gas.

 

_________________

be good or be good at it.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names