Fordmods Logo

Tickford Factory fitted LPG on AU Falcon 1998 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Tickford Factory fitted LPG on AU Falcon 1998
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

NT, Australia

I have a problem with my LPG system which seems to be the opposite of what other people seem to have. My LPG side works like a dream, but if I change to petrol I dont know if it will work or not. When things are good, I can push the switch on the dash to change to/from petrol or gas, and I can hear a solenoid clicking in the engine bay, and the car runs like a beauty on gas or petrol. When it doesnt want to play, it will run on lpg no problem, but I dont get the solenoid clicking and it wont run on petrol. I have been trying for a wiring diagram or something for the Tickford AU Factory LPG setup but no luck. Can anyone tell me what to check for this strange problem please!!! I have put in a new fuel pump and it is fine. Its something to do with this solenoid noise not happening, but I dont know where to look. Thanks all.

Post subject: Tickford el
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Same problem with my 97 EL with the same tickford system. Weather usually plays a part with mine. In hot weather usually switches instantly when button pressed in cold it might allow switching after 25mins of driving or sometimes not at all. Mine runs fine on lpg too. Ive had the problem for the past 18 months and just not worried about it. Im thinking its an earth issue maybe otherwise computer may be knackerd. As i live in Melb and dont go out in the bush where you cant get lpg im leaving it as is and when it will swich i run it on fuel for a while to keep fuel system in order but it does miss on fuel. Good luck with it.

Post subject: Tickford LPG
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Went to auto elec yesterday and been told that its probably dry joins in lpg computer so i would expect same with yours. Same thing that happens in BCM modules. Remove LPG computer spray electrical lubricant on pcb and check joins. Or just change computer if you arnt electrically minded. Cheers

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NT, Australia

Thanks. So where is the LPG computer located? This is driving me crazy, I want to fix it myself rather than go to a mechanic. Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Tickford LPG
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Know how you feel. Should be located on drivers side near floor heater vent in an upright position held in by two 10mm gold bolts in a holder or under drivers seat. Its a silver box fairly large with about 4 sets of plugs into it. Pull them all out and open up box. Be careful and note what went where. good luck

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

spray lube?????
I am an electronics tech and its not "dry" it's caused by oxidation of the soldering joints that need to be re-soldered. Very easy to run over the board re-soldering any suspect looking pads. fixes a lot of problems.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]