Fordmods Logo

tickford LPG removal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: tickford LPG removal
Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hey guys I scored a EF thru the week as a parts car its fitted with factory tickford gas kit can this be removed and refitted to an EF Ghia?? (XR Motor and puter)

Or do I just yank the tank, convertor and intake components leave the rest and get it fitted with new control gear?

Is the tickford gas setup integrated into the loom or an add on?

Kev

Succesful trades with blur1, Felony, Jinxed, Dansedgli, Commando, Peyote, WAGHOON

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

It has a separate lpg ecu that is wired to the factory box. EF and EL are different wiring.I wouldnt even bother trying to do it yourself take it to an expert and get them to do it. Ask around at different places. If you put it on your car yourself it would be unroadworthy and uninsureable as it must have the lpg plate fitted for the car to be insurable and roadworthy.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the reply but I forgot to come back to this post.

Unit has already been removed including full wiring and is being refitted to my own car in the near future, by myself with final hookup by a certified gas fitter

Main reason for the initial post was, wether or not it was worthwhile trying to utilise the tickford dual fuel ecu on my tickford motor as the tickford motors run a different fuel map/timing as apposed to standard and I wanted to know if by going backwards I would loose much performance/economy on petrol.

Result is negligible as I have now tried the dual fuel ECU and found it runs just fine a smidge down on power and economy but overall runs fine.

Kev

Succesful trades with blur1, Felony, Jinxed, Dansedgli, Commando, Peyote, WAGHOON

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

I fitted a factory conversio to mine, and the car would not run on LPG with my normal ECU (XR6 Manual), and that it would only run LPG when I had the Dual fuel ECU in.

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

a_total_tool wrote:
I fitted a factory conversio to mine, and the car would not run on LPG with my normal ECU (XR6 Manual), and that it would only run LPG when I had the Dual fuel ECU in.

so have you sorted it out yet? and how

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:38 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 120 rwkw

New Zealand

If its a factory tickford setup you need the ECU and loom out of the donor car as the factory set up has extra wires in the ECU for LPG to change the timing/spark when running LPG.

You can run an XR6 ecu but you need to get a hold of the aftermarket vialle wiring and hardware as they have a module to control the timing when running on lpg that is seperate to the ECU

Have a look at my thread below for lots of tech info.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 20tickford

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]