Fordmods Logo

Types of mixer rings and preformance 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Types of mixer rings and preformance
Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi all im new hear and have been reading a bit and have a few questions i would like to ask.
1, I have a 2001 AU2 ute and had a sprint gas systerm installed in august and have been on a long trip (hols) since. The systerm has been running great till we got home 7000km latter. i have changed plugs before we left but now it has started to back fire aftershort drives (start turn off, start boom then all good) Have new leads to go on will this fix the problem?
2, Now that i have been reading this forum i understand why my ute has been lacking a little bit of power on both types of fuel (mixer ring infront of TB) is there any hi preformance rings?
3, what type of mixer rings are you useing and how do they go?
4, I have read a little about the AIROD (med) variadle mixer hows it got and can i fit one to my ute if i can get one?
Thanks all

Post subject: lpg
Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Hi welcome the the site...... If the system that you have on there was running ok it could be something simple as a bad tank of gas, remember its pumped in as liquid then starts to vapourize once it get to the convertor with engine temp, or it may be a mixture adjustment to many posible problems unseen, I suggest to book it in with a good gas mech & get him to check it out if you ask on here I'm sure that some of the guys would recomend to you someone close...

cheers

Joe

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

backfires are generally considered to be caused from poor ignition condition..

ie old plugs/leads/coil(s)...incorrect mixtures wont help either...

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks for your replies. Hi have fitted new leads after being sold the wrong one to start with. AU1 leads do NOT fit AU2. Thanks supper cheep!
The back firing has stopped and i reset the computer by removing the battery for a few hours. Running a lot better now but still have a few little things that are annoying. First is when i change gears now running on gas. It has a bad jerk when i take my foot of the clutch. And if i let it drop revs to idle from say 2000rpm the tacho will go past 700rpm to 0 the raise back up to 700rpm at idle. Has anyone had this happen before?
The next problem is when trying to hold a constant speed the motor seems to serge. It will seem to power on for a second then die then power on again when the throttle is held constant. Cruse control is so bad i do not use at the moment on gas. Can anyone help?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba wagon,,hq350, volvo 242GT

VIC, Australia

sound slike you need your LPG tuned.

1995 EF fairmont
1972 LJ gtr torana
1973 HQ monaro
1973 HQ sandman

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]