Vapour injection cutting out/missing 

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Vapour injection cutting out/missing
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:22 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1995 Ford XG Ute

VIC, Australia

i got my 95 XG ute changed to a boemo vapor injection system by Jim Mock Motorsport and it was fine, then around 3 months later i had the engine rebuilt by JMM and it was about a week later the problem started

The problems.
when running on lpg with light acceleration the car develops something like a miss fire but it seems to cut out all together causing a jerky take off coughing and f@rt ect, sometimes increasing acceleration causes it to run normally again but sometimes the misfire/cutting out goes right through the rev range and you have to lift the foot all together let it settle back to idle then start accelerating again.

Dosent seem to matter if im driving on new smooth road or corrugated gravel so rules out a loose wire somewhere

Car runs fine on petrol and can sometimes go a week or 2 without issues on lpg

Things iv done
Checked plugs new
Checked leads new
Distributor new reco
Coil New
Stripped all the tape off the lpg injection system and all joins are soldered and good
pins inside connecting plugs are all fine (1 was loose causing an intermittent miss on cyl 3 Fixed)

any suggestions would be great, or directions to a credible vapor injected lpg dealer in Melbourne area

95' XG
93' EB
custom buggy with 900cc yamaha engine

Post subject: Re: Vapour injection cutting out/missing
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 58 images

Ride: 2009 ve ss manual L98

SA, Australia

What's your air intake like? Mine was shot to s**t and backfired all the time, this sounds like a possible valve problem as this happened to in my au exactly how you described it. Drove good backfired a bit drove again then was no throttler response for bout 15 sec then shed go again for a while and happens again
As a gas car it can be expected.but as a rebuilt motor I wouldn't think valve is the prob ( surely hope not or you'll need to see your mechanic who rebuilt it lol)
Compression test all six cylinders but chances are its just a gas solenoid in your case

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:11 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

air box is fine, what would the air box have to do with it?
i think its more electrical possibly the lpg ecu
and the person who rebuilt the motor Jim Mock Motorsport went broke at the start of the year

95' XG
93' EB

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:21 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

if you have ever ridden a bike and in heavy rain and gotten the plugs wet and they ark to the block but the bike still runs but not well its very much like that, but the ignition system was replaced with the rebuild as the original was shot to bits...

95' XG
93' EB

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 el falcon on gas

VIC, Australia

have you checked the lpg filter?

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:15 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yeh filter is fine... ill see if i can get a video or sound recording of what its doing that might spark some new ideas...

95' XG
93' EB

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Jmm went bust?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yeh another business venture went sour and had to close jmm to cover the costs, auctioned off all the stuff in the workshop was some real good deals in there too... the dyno less computer went for a bit over 4,000

95' XG
93' EB

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

could a faulty injector relay affect the gas injectors but not the petrol? like the way dead spark plugs will work fine on petrol but backfire and miss on gas?

95' XG
93' EB

Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:48 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

I am interested in this thread as my system(king) has a habit of shutting,off when I coast down a hill. As yet the repairers here are scratching their heads wondering what is causing it. It is when the car is warm and on LPG, you either start a coast down a hill or after acceleration to overtake and return to light throttle, the LPG system starts a long beep and reverts to ULP. On the flat it is fine and works exceptionally well, apart from this small niggling problem. The only way to reset is to pull over, turn off and restart or put in neutral, turn off key, restart and back into drive.

Sorry for the high jack but interested in the replies here. Not long for this world anyway as looking about for a ford maverick so the xr8 might be up for sale soon.

Hooroo

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Frd383f -> Not sure about your system, but the AEB Controlled ones all log fault codes in the LPG ECU. Theres a good chance that if you do connect your LPG System to a (correct) reader you'll be able to get a detailed diagnostic for this especially if it was working.

Given that it works correctly on Petrol, and assuming that you didnt have other things changed on the rebuild (like the injectors), I would be looking at perhaps the ignition pick up point for the LPG System. Other posibilities might also include the Vacuum line to the LPG Regulator being disconnected?

CPOCSM - In your case, are there any codes on the LPG ECU? - Every time the ECU changes back to Petrol while running on LPG (including just running out of LPG) a code is stored - and these should be able to be read back. That its only happening on overrun has me wondering if your system has incorrect injector pulse width minimum settings, or if something in your engine bay is affecting the LPG System when the throttle cable/throttle body is closed. The other alternates include that perhaps the LPG Pressure sensors arent working, or the temperature sensors arent working - again, all of these can be checked just using the LPG System programming software.

Nigel

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:52 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

Thanks for that in depth reply Nigel! Will arm myself with this and give it to the mechanic next week for its service. Unfortunately the installer of this system has also done a runner and is un contactable. Dodgy pricks!

Hooroo!

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Dont worry about the doing a runner bit.

Almost every one of the Vapour Injection systems run the same AEB ECU with different firmware. For some reason they decided on a different "Standard" plug for the Interface, but the software is very similar.
Most installers can work with most of them.
I know that OMVL, and Eurogas use the same cable, and I have an adapter harness for mine so that I can Program my earlier Impco system as well.

best off going to a guy who knows LPG Injection and is known for it.

Nigel

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

the hot weather today played havoc with it missing and cutting out all the way back from geelong so i stripped the entire lpg loom today and checked it all over again and changed the fuel pump and power relays and it made no change to it.... spoke to 3 lpg places and they are scratching their heads as well....

im going to make up a board to sit in the car with leds on it taken from each line on the system when it plays up the led that is flickering is the culprit (hopefully)

i called Boemo and get some recommendations of installers who could help so ill call around again tomorrow and see what i can dig up...

if that fails im going to make up a board to sit in the car while im driving with leds on it taken from each line on the system when it plays up the led that is flickering will tell me which line is the culprit (hopefully)

95' XG
93' EB

Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

So just checking that youve checked your O2 sensors out?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next