Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Windsor V8 on LPG
Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i get about 200 city driving and about 330 on the freeway , mind you my mixer is set up for a 5.8L

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:51 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: fairmont

VIC, Australia

banarcus wrote:
Correct.

Group fired injectors were based on speed density EECIV ECUs and not the MAF based ones.

I would argue with the company who distributed that documentation blownba as it is false.

Thats what I thought too.
But I have not looked into it to far as its not really an issue for me. I have not had the need to dig into it far enough other than glancing at my software.
The wiring diagram is from Boyces autodata software I use.
Never had any issues with any part of it being incorrect before. Somewhat lacking at times but certainly not false.
Are you able to show me a EB 5.0L wiring diagram that says different???
I would love to be proven wrong as I have stated this same info a couple of times now.
If I am wrong I need to go back and rectify the info I have given.
Let me know if you can't find the diagram. When I get back to work i will post it up for you and you can see the differences for yourself.

off on a tangent

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Yep, I can give you some info.

EB1-EL2 Windsor V8s are based on the EECIV MAF based programme as used in American Windsors between 1987 to 1993. It doesn't prove anything, but Ford Aust. claimed back in 1991 that the 'new' V8 had sequential injection. Ford brochures from this year state this.

Ford EEC IV and EECV ECUs as used in E series Windsors have a trigger for each individual injector unlike the batch fired injectors for the 6cyl Falcons or other batch fired V8s like on Ford F trucks ie 4 injectors at a time.

Have a look at the pinouts on a EB-ED V8 here:

http://fordmods.com/documents.php?d=40

EF and EL V8s are the same as well although the pinouts are in a different arrangement on the ECU.

I suspect the information that you have been given is for Ford EFI V8s as seen in F trucks.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

God damn it!!!
looks like me be giving Mark Boyce a call.

I knew there had to be something wrong as everyone kept telling me that they are sequential and I am the only guy saying they are not.

I have been hunting for a diagram here at home but no luck.
I am back in at work on Monday and will be able to check more.
I will post the wiring diagram that is in the Boyces software.
Blooming bums!! I pay a decent price each year for good EFI software and accurate wiring diagrams and look what I get.

Anyway disregard all I have previously said. It does not apply.
I have had great sucess with the windsors on vapour injection over the years, but the oldest car i have done is a EL fairmont. There really isn't much call for a $4000+ system (Eurogas is one of the most expensive but the results speak for themselves) on a 1991 EB.
I have plenty of Impco systems under my belt for these cars. Can achieve good results when running a 425 and lean bias processor with the converter mounted right at the mixer.
Power loss before and after conversion is unknown but performance between the 2 fuels is almost equalled.

I have driven a few Sprintgas converted Windsors. Tuned and serviced one recently. That went really well.
The Sprintgas ECU is a awesome bit of kit. Its is light years ahead of the stuff we used years ago.
It is quick to react and has so many configurable functions it would be hard to get it wrong. They still tend to lag a tiny bit on snap acceleration but this can be negligible if the converter placement and mixer choice are correct to begin with and then converter sensitivity need to be set perfectly for best results. Most conversions will come with a config already installed to the ECU so for most fitters using the sprintgas systems there is very little that needs doing to tune them correctly. The base config is usually pretty close.
If you are looking at a mixer based system that is a bit cheaper than the Impco stuff my money would be on the sprintgas system with the 295 processor.
Just do your homework and get a competent installer with a good rep to do it for you. It might just save you pulling your hair out in the long run.

off on a tangent

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

OK so I am an idiot!

Have a look at the wiring diagram I have for EB XR8.
Its nuts. I ovviously paid no attention to it the last time I looked at it.

How wrong is that??
It doesnt even show one injector.
It looks more like the 6 cylinder diagram pasted over something else.

I apologise.

off on a tangent

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Interesting thread to read, that i dug up looking for Windsor V8 LPG info. Recently bought 2 EB Xr8's, one duel fuel, other is straight LPG. Both have Impco 425's & impco converters mounted up on the intake manifold, real close to the 425 mixer. Both seem to run rather well, have not properly driven either car yet, both need more work before i can take them out. Both are 5 speeds with mods so i'm really looking forward to taking them for a drive. :twisted:

I've got an easyjet injection system on my EB, and it works fine with the batch fire of the I6 - it can be set to both batch & seq injection timings. Only issues i have ever had are either dodgy gas clogging it's filters up, or the poor wiring the installer did, which caused it to do weird things with injection timing before i repaired the wiring. All good now. Great economy & great power.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2