Fordmods Logo

A MESSAGE FROM CRAIG LOWNDES 

Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: A MESSAGE FROM CRAIG LOWNDES
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon ED

QLD, Australia

I think the two top drivers from Ford defecting will in some ways demonstrate a semblance of parity between manufacturers, but its still bogans/murries/wogs that drive commonwhores.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

hard to describe... in a state of shock.. i think the kind of shock i got when i 1st saw the au and the shock an aussie blue blooded male would have got of the no ford v8s back in the late 80's at the same time kinda shock...

on one hand... serve's ford absabloody right for cutting funding to the most current succussful ford team.. and then i think of how much s**t jamie and lowndes have hung on holden in the past.. and now will be hopping right on in one next year... $$$ talks doesnt it!!! brand loyalty is dead.. but then again.. holdne punters allready knew that when peter brock put his name to an ea ford and lowndes originally leaving holden for ford..

how bigger ratio difference of holden to ford do we need before we can start wondering of biased results as one manufacture'r outnumbers the other??

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

fordfreak ef wrote:
hard to describe... in a state of shock.. i think the kind of shock i got when i 1st saw the au and the shock an aussie blue blooded male would have got of the no ford v8s back in the late 80's at the same time kinda shock...

on one hand... serve's ford absabloody right for cutting funding to the most current succussful ford team.. and then i think of how much s**t jamie and lowndes have hung on holden in the past.. and now will be hopping right on in one next year... $$$ talks doesnt it!!! brand loyalty is dead.. but then again.. holdne punters allready knew that when peter brock put his name to an ea ford and lowndes originally leaving holden for ford..

how bigger ratio difference of holden to ford do we need before we can start wondering of biased results as one manufacture'r outnumbers the other??

Exactly, but the mass public who know nothing automatically think "Oh it must be the better car" People don't know they are nothing like what you go and buy off the show room floor, and about the only thing they share with the real thing is the badge. Since when do Holden make pushrod 5.0's standard......

Anyway, i don't know how they are gonna tackle the results, when you only have a handful of Falcons versus an entire field of Commonwhores. all people will see is the top 10 filled by red with maybe 1 or two blue cars, and think exactly what i just described.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:

Exactly, but the mass public who know nothing automatically think "Oh it must be the better car" People don't know they are nothing like what you go and buy off the show room floor, and about the only thing they share with the real thing is the badge. Since when do Holden make pushrod 5.0's standard......

Anyway, i don't know how they are gonna tackle the results, when you only have a handful of Falcons versus an entire field of Commonwhores. all people will see is the top 10 filled by red with maybe 1 or two blue cars, and think exactly what i just described.

It will be like back a few years ago, for example bathurst the top 10 will hold 2 to 3 fords, oh well, I think i will get back into jap stuff like a did back when the au raced around.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Froudey wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:

It will be like back a few years ago, for example bathurst the top 10 will hold 2 to 3 fords, oh well, I think i will get back into jap stuff like a did back when the au raced around.

2-3 if you are lucky haha. what are the teams that triple 8 make engines for gonna do? Defect as well, seems the obvious choice, if Ford aren't sponsoring you, and the team that mkes your stuff has just swapped teams.....what would you do?

Yeah, i think i will just give up racing altogether, Frosty and DJR are about the only ones left good to watch. the Kiwi bloke Van gisbergen seems ok, with SBR, but how long will that last? All the young guns seem to get lured by the coin and promise of a better racecar

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: '95 EF GLi

NSW, Australia

Courtney is over-rated, but i think he and DJR are gonna improve, DJR will never be a Holden Team!
Van Gisbergen and Alex Davison aren't slow either, SBR can make championship winning cars!
FPR need to improve engine performance, and maybe Steven Richards and Frosty need to pick up there game.
Jason Bright saw huge gains when he jumped in his FG for the first time, There is still a future for Ford.

Ford apparently offered T8 a Multi-Million $$ contract but the Holden deal was done. What a shame.
There is still hope, I think we'll see the other Ford teams step-up before the year is out, and the series will be just as competitive!

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I don't blame the guys to be honest.. a job is a job.. they have to get paid and that means going where the money and support is..

Ford may well regret this.. expecially if we have another decade of holden winning everything and ford only there to provide an alternative colour at the end of the pack.

Would be funny if wincup and loundes are totally uncompetitive in the holden because the handling dynamics of the VE cars don't suit the way they drive.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

frankieh wrote:
I don't blame the guys to be honest.. a job is a job.. they have to get paid and that means going where the money and support is..

Ford may well regret this.. expecially if we have another decade of holden winning everything and ford only there to provide an alternative colour at the end of the pack.

Would be funny if wincup and loundes are totally uncompetitive in the holden because the handling dynamics of the VE cars don't suit the way they drive.

Time will tell won't it, hopefully they don't do as good in the Commo's... i wouldn't go as far to say switch back, but would be good for a press release to come out and say that the past 3/4 years champion jumped in a Commo and didn't win. You never know, i think Whincup has a challenge ahead, Craig seems to have more common sense. I laughed that time Whincup won bathurst and tried to do a burnout for the TV then plowed into the bank lol

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

lowndes is a ford man through and through .rumour has it he has a original lotus cortina that he started racing in still in his garage.My prediction is he will come back as soon as the contract runs out ,be it for money or just to follow his heart.I think the guy is better than peter brock ever was.my argument is that i have seen all of the old bathurst videos since the start and half of peter brocks wins were in other peoples cars after he crashed his on the day.(correct me if im wrong).i hope the new team fails miserably and he comes back sooner or latter including rolland.they make a good team

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU series 1 XR6

SA, Australia

I do agree with that lowndes is a good bloke but wincup has acted like a complete TOSSA and can get f**k

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:07 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF XR6

WA, Australia

jonathon wrote:
also this dosent mean that i will rust out and buy a holden...

So you would judge the second biggest purchasing decision of most peoples lives on the badge on the bonnet, rather than 1st hand driving and feeling a new car??

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

And Lowndes as a Cortina GT in his garage, when he was with holden he was told not to drive it. When he signed with ford he was happy he could drive it once more.. So i assuming if he still has it, which i am sure he would being his first car etc he wouldn't be allowed to drive it again..

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Lowndes will be back. Wincup on the other hand I couldn't give 2 hoots about. Yes he is a gun driver but I just could not warm to the guy in any way. As for Roland Dean? Couldn't he just secure funding from Triple8 head office in the UK? Or did they tell him to f**k off too untill he got his a*** back in a GM product?

Had they still worn the Betta Electrical livery this would never have happened.

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

QLD, Australia

A message from Punnisher_42 aka an ex team vodafone fan:
if you want to get down on this hairy ballsack
why dont you jump right in
its a crotch party right up in here why dont u suk on this john.
'
-

Regards,
Punnisher_42

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: falcon s

VIC, Australia

lowndes does have a gt cortina and it is sitting on display at the ford discovery centre in geelong. vic

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next