Fordmods Logo

Air Bag Legal Requirement 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Air Bag Legal Requirement
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 449

Joined: 15th Apr 2009

Ride: Falcon AU

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Is it a legal requirement to have a driver's airbag?

I'm asking this because I plan to fit a new steering wheel onto my car (without an airbag)

 

_________________

What do you call a Hyundai with dual exhausts?

A wheelbarrow.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Bag Legal Requirement
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

falcon1999 wrote:
Is it a legal requirement to have a driver's airbag?

I'm asking this because I plan to fit a new steering wheel onto my car (without an airbag)


Yes it is.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Bag Legal Requirement
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1133

Joined: 15th Oct 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairmont I6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

falcon1999 wrote:
Is it a legal requirement to have a driver's airbag?

I'm asking this because I plan to fit a new steering wheel onto my car (without an airbag)


If the car had an airbag from factory then it is illegal to take it out...Just get a momo wheel they have airbags. I have one for sale its EL GT but fits the au perfectly. Its got woodgrain :wink:

 

_________________

Ford Fairmont AU
www.aufalcon.com/aujls

My Ebay items for sale

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Bag Legal Requirement
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

falcon1999 wrote:
Is it a legal requirement to have a driver's airbag?

I'm asking this because I plan to fit a new steering wheel onto my car (without an airbag)


alot of your questions/threads lack a f**k of common sense. Did you manage to run the car on 1 or 3 spark plugs yet for whatever reason?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Bag Legal Requirement
Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 1

Joined: 3rd May 2009

Ride: Fairmont

Location: Taupo
New Zealand

au man wrote:
If the car had an airbag from factory then it is illegal to take it out...Just get a momo wheel they have airbags. I have one for sale its EL GT but fits the au perfectly. Its got woodgrain :wink:


Hey, do you still have th EL GT wheel???? :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Air Bag Legal Requirement
Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 1133

Joined: 15th Oct 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairmont I6

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

bobster wrote:
au man wrote:
If the car had an airbag from factory then it is illegal to take it out...Just get a momo wheel they have airbags. I have one for sale its EL GT but fits the au perfectly. Its got woodgrain :wink:


Hey, do you still have th EL GT wheel???? :D


Nah mate sorry sold it last week.

 

_________________

Ford Fairmont AU
www.aufalcon.com/aujls

My Ebay items for sale

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:24 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names