Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: AMBROSE FINED!
Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

for those who didn't see the news, ambrose has been fined 15 grand for comments made regarding the stewards after race 2 incident with skaife at barbegallo. there is a lot of chat on another thread about f1 not being what it used to be. unfortunately the v8's are, it seems, heading in the same direction. seems to be a very harsh penalty (black flag, 25points and now 15large) for what seemed to me a racing incident. i reckon skaife was focusing too much on ambrose and outbraked himself. no way he was even thinking of making the corner. ambrose was also a fair way in front. don't know whether he was past b pillar but looked o.k so if anything skaife should have been pinged. ambrose did not appear to veer off his line after original move over. whinger skaife just ran out of road. not that i'm biased at all either!!

even new holden equipe ad shows how dumb skaife is. can't even remember where he parks his own car and seems he can't read as well as he is getting a parking fine. good ol big nose. can u guess i hate him!

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Post subject: Re: AMBROSE FINED!
Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

prydey wrote:
even new holden equipe ad shows how dumb skaife is. can't even remember where he parks his own car and seems he can't read as well as he is getting a parking fine. good ol big nose. can u guess i hate him!

Well I think most of us know that a lot of Holden lovers hate Skaife too, they have the same opinion of him being a big nose a***hole.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

prydey wrote:
for those who didn't see the news, ambrose has been fined 15 grand for comments made regarding the stewards after race 2 incident with skaife at barbegallo. there is a lot of chat on another thread about f1 not being what it used to be. unfortunately the v8's are, it seems, heading in the same direction. seems to be a very harsh penalty (black flag, 25points and now 15large) for what seemed to me a racing incident. i reckon skaife was focusing too much on ambrose and outbraked himself. no way he was even thinking of making the corner. ambrose was also a fair way in front. don't know whether he was past b pillar but looked o.k so if anything skaife should have been pinged. ambrose did not appear to veer off his line after original move over. whinger skaife just ran out of road. not that i'm biased at all either!!

the 15large was for his comments that he made. they were uncalled for and he needed to be penalised for it. as for the incident he was well within his rights to be p****d of but there is a time and a place.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Meh Ambrose is still a legend!! Hes better than all the other F wits that drive the Holdens *looks mainly at Kelly brothers!* :P BTW they did absolutely shocking last weekend, a very poor effort on thier behalf. Not that i care 8-)

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: F6 Typhoon, BF XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

Skaife left it to late to brake because he can't see 10meters in front of his nose. Anyway Ambrose always seems to get the harshes penaltys but it still won't stop him from winning the championship. Skaife may as well pack up and go home to his cradle because he has no chance while SBR are around and same goes for the weezel Kelly girls! :lol:

Assumptions are the mother of all F**K UPS!

Simone

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA GT

WA, Australia

the 15large was for his comments that he made. they were uncalled for and he needed to be penalised for it. as for the incident he was well within his rights to be p****d of but there is a time and a place.[/quote]

Thats crap, he should be allowed to voice his own opinion.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

kermey wrote:
the 15large was for his comments that he made. they were uncalled for and he needed to be penalised for it. as for the incident he was well within his rights to be p****d of but there is a time and a place.

Thats crap, he should be allowed to voice his own opinion.[/quote]
There's a way to voice your opinion, and there's a way to be rude and that. People in public need to be very careful and think aboutwhat they say. Ambrose would defianteyl be very aware of what can and cannot be said.
With that said, I think 15g's is way too harsh, but it's life, gotta get on with it, and 15g's won't effect his chances of winning the championship.
Basically, I can see the reason for some sort of fine, but something pretty small and so, it's not like Ambrose was that rude or abusive, and really the Marshels are probably just trying to draw attention now away from there original first two poorly thoughtout punishments!

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

kermey wrote:

Thats crap, he should be allowed to voice his own opinion.[/quote]

you obviously didnt see it. he never voiced an opinion he just shot his mouth off. I am a big supporter of Ambrose but as i said there is a time and a place.and as for the 15 grand to him is f**k all . its like us getting fined $100.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

xr8 dismantler wrote:
kermey wrote:

Thats crap, he should be allowed to voice his own opinion.

you obviously didnt see it. he never voiced an opinion he just shot his mouth off. I am a big supporter of Ambrose but as i said there is a time and a place.and as for the 15 grand to him is f**k all . its like us getting fined $100.[/quote]

Yeah very true he is on a very nice contract so i have been told!! :shock:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

ford probably paid for the fine anyway

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I wouldn't go to the point of saying that 15 grand is 100 bucks for the bloke.
If the average aussie wage is 30 grand anually, then in order for 15g to be the equivalent of 100 to the average aussie, Ambrose must be earning 4 and a half million dollars! He may have a good contract, but that good?
I get your point though, about how the 15g wouldn't hurt him that hard!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Meh Ambrose is still a legend!! Hes better than all the other F wits that drive the Holdens *looks mainly at Kelly brothers!* :P BTW they did absolutely shocking last weekend, a very poor effort on thier behalf. Not that i care 8-)
You may have to get used to one of the Kelly's. Apparently Todd is number one on Ross and Jim's list of drivers to replace Ambrose next year. Others on said list include Steven Richards and Mark Winterbottom. And reading a recent interview with Todd he is keen as mustard as he basically said HRT are screwing around on giving him an answer on wether he's wanted next year or not. Seams boss Skaife doesnt appreciate his number 2 kicking his a*** over the last couple of years.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Get Murphy over to SBR.

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

noooooo way. definately do not want murphy in a ford. he can stay right where he is thanks

as far as hrt screwing people around b4 they leave, that sounds familiar. might let lowndesy answer that one.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

prydey wrote:
noooooo way. definately do not want murphy in a ford. he can stay right where he is thanks

as far as hrt screwing people around b4 they leave, that sounds familiar. might let lowndesy answer that one.

ditto to that. Moaning murphy can stay where he is.
Oh and peter brock may want to have a say in that debate aswell.
As for the fine, personally i think its crap, every time someone mentions the marshalls they get a fine. It seems the marshall dont like to be proven wrong or commented upon. But yeah okay marcos may have pushed the boundary with the comment about him being happy he is leaving because of decisions like that. But come on when your fuming, do you stop to think about tuning your comments down, you just say them, and get them off your back.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next