Fordmods Logo

Anyone with Holden Rodeo RA experience? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Anyone with Holden Rodeo RA experience?
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

hey ash

just remebered a mates parents has a early tritton 2wd unregistered ute its up on a property passed maitland its nothing flash but it could be something

its manual 2.6L

pm me if your interested

cheers bear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

to easy ash

good luck with finding a new play toy

cheers bear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yeah the 3.6 Alloytec would be the go but still up there in dollars.
The diesel is good not the quickestthing out there but does the job. They go as well as the early V6 I dont know about the later ones as I havent driven one. I haven driven a few of the new common rail Turbo Diesels and they hammer. But thats dearer again.
Yeah all the ones I have had have been given a good work out............. :twisted: Havent bent a chassis yet , but have snapped springs. But in all fairness getting any vehicle 3 foot of air at 60kms with 5 hundred kilos of body and tools on it is going to have bad effects................
If you get one , get a set of polyairs fitted. You can back off the spring rate for comfort when unloaded but pump them up to get load carrying capacity back.
Also remember that the torsion bar front ends are pretty harsh as well if you wind them up for a bit of extra height.
Definately look at the 3.6 onwards but. Otherwise you would be better off getting a lux from the auctions with a stuffed motor and chucking a V6 commodore in it. Very easy conversion , pretty cheap and heaps of grunt and reliability.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The go would be to pick the model you would be interested in , get one on a test drive from a yard and have the car trailer ready to go for a little run around to see if it could do it happily enough.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

4.0L hilux, plenty of power

can get in extra cab or in dual cab.

extra cab has very large tub or tray

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

2 of the same cars is actually far from weird mate.
It works really well for us.
No getting used to driving different cars all the time , its so easy for the missus and yourself to grab whichever car is in the driveway at the time to run down the shops or what not if its a quick trip.
Also if a car is playing funny buggers you can very easily swap suspect parts between the car with issues and the running car to nut out a problem without spending loads of cash for no result.
If you were going to be happy with another Tezza and a good box trailer I personallythink you would be happier in the long run in one of them instead of a Rodeo.
Whats the rear space like with the back seat down for picking up timber and courier drop offs etc?
It will never be as easy or convienient as the ute but I have found the positives in sedan ownership outweigh the negatives since I started using the lane and the trailer.
I would of used the ute for ute purposes about 10% of the time. It was awesome for that and I did love it. The other 90% of the time I had to live with its restrictions (lack of room , couldnt all pile in for a unplanned cruise etc).
I would still love another ute as once you have had a V8 ute they are in your blood bad (I have had an XY and a XD 351 ute in the past) but I am more then happy now days with the path I ended up on.
No dispute but V8 utes ROCK!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I think you just gave yourself your answer above mate. Another Tezza is the go.
Get a turbo one and give Jules an upgrade and you take the one you have at the moment.
That way you both have toys............. :mrgreen:
I have learnt a wife with car toys as well makes life very very easy for my exploits!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah it is great to have her support.
I have no dramas with getting mine back now she has the XR8.
I was actually banned from the XR for a short stint after going to a mates in Windsor one night. It was about 10.30 when I left here and I was at his front door before 10.45. It should of taken me about half an hour not under 15mins................... :P It is a bit of a handful on the crap road between here and Windsor at 180 odd but somewhat fun.. :twisted:
I have had access returned to the girl after giving it a wash and a wax and apologising to her. The car that is got the apology.
I reckon you will be happier then a dog with 2 d**k but with another Tezza. You could even fit a set of all terrain style tyres to it in standard size for a bit more rough stuff ability. I reckon it wouldnt be too hard to get an extra inch lift in it too.
Get a white one that you can polish the marks out of , then you have the work vehicle that you can load the family into and head off down the river or a bit of camping and not be too worried if it gets a couple of marks on it unlike the main family car.

xr6turnip wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2