Barbegello 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

prydey wrote:
cmon guys its just how it goes. i didn't hear anyone complaining a few years back when the ba debuted. at some tracks it was the same with ambrose being untouchable.

even though they have been able to prove they are two separately owned teams they are still grouped as one by v8 supercar company and restricted accordingly on test days etc. i think its a bit early to start saying its going to be a runaway. maybe they just suited that track. hopefully at pukekoe it will be diff.

one other thing though which doesn't quite make sense to me. why is the vz commodore still allowed to race. if there was parity between the ba and vz last season and now the ba is not allowed to race, shouldn't the vz be excluded also, or do the grm and supercheap cars have a aero kit to match the new cars. just seemed a bit too good to see that holdsworth guy up the pointy end all of a sudden.

what happened to the expenditure cap? was that to be brought in this year or next year. maybe thats why a lot of teams are linking up. keeps the development costs down. worked a real treat for djr. great to see them back in town.

Exactly, i'm not b**ch about it, it makes for good competition!

They'll have bad rounds just like everyone else, they always have and always will. We've pretty much dominated since the BA kicked in, and we did through the EB to EF era aswell, we started going down the day Lowndes stepped into a Holden.
We really only went well with the BA because Ford finally got off their a*** and stopped sponsoring the f**k tennis and threw cash and resources at the V8's.
Relax, we can't expect to be dominant all the time, it wouldn't make exciting racing if we were. It always seems to take a while for the Falcons to get their setups right, we'll be back up there in no time.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

prydey wrote:
thats true but you can't penalise them for being good at what they do. the cars all get scrutinised so if they are doing something illegal to gain extra performance then it will get found.

I'd love to see some gun NASCAR scrutineers over here for a season or two. That will shut everyone up. One of the toyota teams had their crew cheif indefinitely suspended because of some unkonwn compoiund on the headers. Poor bastard copped a us$100,000 fine as well.

Even at the SAE event last year in Werribee the yank judges were the harshest bastards that I had come across while the aussie judges were like their puppets.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

prydey wrote:
one other thing though which doesn't quite make sense to me. why is the vz commodore still allowed to race. if there was parity between the ba and vz last season and now the ba is not allowed to race, shouldn't the vz be excluded also, or do the grm and supercheap cars have a aero kit to match the new cars. just seemed a bit too good to see that holdsworth guy up the pointy end all of a sudden.
Teams are still able to run the BA it's just that everybody updated. The differences between BA and BF are minute compared to VZ to VE. Once a team runs a new model they arent allowed to run the older model again. You usually find the lower budget teams take a while to upgrade.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

Wasn't it a few years ago,
When HMS had 3 teams under it's banner about the start of the VX era, one off the top teams ended up with only one car to run due to a serious crash,
So Wankinshaw brought in HRT's development series racing car into the lower team,
then swapped their new old HRT race car to the second team in which HRT got a new / old currant spec race car.
I know the rules state some where that once you have advanced and raced the currant model you can not return to the older model for any reason.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

seton005 wrote:
prydey wrote:
Teams are still able to run the BA it's just that everybody updated. The differences between BA and BF are minute compared to VZ to VE. Once a team runs a new model they arent allowed to run the older model again. You usually find the lower budget teams take a while to upgrade.

no the ba is not allowed to be raced. the new aero kit is was brought in to keep the parity between the brands and is less downforce than the outgoing ba therefore the ba is not allowed to race. maybe the vz is also using a modified aero to bring it into line otherwise if the vz was equal with ba then it stands to reason that the vz would have more downforce than bf and ve.

you are right about upgrading though. once in a ve cannot go back.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

prydey wrote:
seton005 wrote:
prydey wrote:

no the ba is not allowed to be raced. the new aero kit is was brought in to keep the parity between the brands and is less downforce than the outgoing ba therefore the ba is not allowed to race. maybe the vz is also using a modified aero to bring it into line otherwise if the vz was equal with ba then it stands to reason that the vz would have more downforce than bf and ve.

you are right about upgrading though. once in a ve cannot go back.
The rules also state that once you go black you'll never go back.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2