Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Barbegello
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

those hsvdt cars look like they'll be tough to beat this year.

djr are continueing thier good run as well with both in the top 10 after race 1. sbr had a forgettable first race after all the comments about them 'being back' in 07. fpr also missed the mark in qual. which put them mid pack on a track which is very difficult to pass. oh well. hopefully the fords will improve tomorrow and not stuff up any pitstops (sbr - courtney)

i do get a bit annoyed at the constant mention of the 'new' ve and how its amazing how its so competitive yada yada yada. i'm pretty sure when the ba debuted it did so with the same success staight up.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Post subject: Re: Barbegello
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

prydey wrote:
those hsvdt cars look like they'll be tough to beat this year.

yep, the walkinshaw four will be hard to top, unfortunately, and who says cheats never prosper.

just hope lowndes can at least continue to be a thorn in their side.

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

anyone know where i can find some images or footage of the bright/richards crash?, i was told the diff finished up behind the drivers seat.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Make sure you're watching today, they'll probably show it.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yeah,has been a bit of a HDT whitewash this year so far... heres hopeing ford have better results today... :wink: fingers crossed...

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

VIC, Australia

interesting to note, take out the walkinshaw 4 and it fords in the top 6 of the championship, something seriously not right about that.

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

its been like that since the start of the v8 supercar era just about. one or two holdens not owned by walkinshaw have won in the past but generally its been hrt or fords.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

We got slaughtered, seems like the VE can keep its grip towards the end of the race rather well. (apart from rick kelly in the last one)

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

judging by the pace of the hdt/hrt cars, i think it may be a holden championship this year.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

smoke_ wrote:
judging by the pace of the hdt/hrt cars, i think it may be a holden championship this year.
I think its horse s**t that those 2 teams are allowed 2 share info etc with each other.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Molloy wrote:
smoke_ wrote:
I think its horse s**t that those 2 teams are allowed 2 share info etc with each other.

i think your right, it would explain the pace of those cars.
if any holden driver wins it, i sure hope it's tander and not that weasel f**k or skaife.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

So if the season continues on the way it is atm. Would this be another shallow Championship for Holden, just like last year...
It's amazing how HRT went so well for a few years, because they had double the budget of any other team, and being the only Factory backed team too. That they then weren't so competitive once some other teams started putting some serious cash behind their cars.
Now they basically have to have a 4 car team, and enormous monetary backing to get back on top...

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

cmon guys its just how it goes. i didn't hear anyone complaining a few years back when the ba debuted. at some tracks it was the same with ambrose being untouchable.

even though they have been able to prove they are two separately owned teams they are still grouped as one by v8 supercar company and restricted accordingly on test days etc. i think its a bit early to start saying its going to be a runaway. maybe they just suited that track. hopefully at pukekoe it will be diff.

one other thing though which doesn't quite make sense to me. why is the vz commodore still allowed to race. if there was parity between the ba and vz last season and now the ba is not allowed to race, shouldn't the vz be excluded also, or do the grm and supercheap cars have a aero kit to match the new cars. just seemed a bit too good to see that holdsworth guy up the pointy end all of a sudden.

what happened to the expenditure cap? was that to be brought in this year or next year. maybe thats why a lot of teams are linking up. keeps the development costs down. worked a real treat for djr. great to see them back in town.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

The difference here was that Ambrose isn't a works ford driver. He never drove for FPR. Whereas the wankingshaw/big nose partnership can be considered as 4 HRT cars. Not one holden outside of that 4 car team has ended up on the podium for as long as I can remember and that will carry on into the future. With the BA there were at least 4 different teams consisting of 8 cars in total that would be on the podium at any given round.

In summary. The BA was a great car regardless of who operated and worked on it. The VE only becomes a good cr once it is wearing Toll HSV or HRT colours.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

thats true but you can't penalise them for being good at what they do. the cars all get scrutinised so if they are doing something illegal to gain extra performance then it will get found.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next