Fordmods Logo

BEWARE: Cheap Chinese Wheels! 

Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: BEWARE: Cheap Chinese Wheels!
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
OZBMX wrote:
something seriously wrong, are retailers being to greedy causeing a knock on effect, requiring higher wages etc., and on. and on????

Yep, retailers, wholesalers & banks are being too greedy. Push the price of goods up & then people will demand higher wages to be able to afford things. Starts a viscous cycle.

No, I think you are asking too much for too little. Good, quality items are expensive.

But all too often people are willing to compromise on $$$ just to get something, then sook and b**ch when its not as good nor lasts as long.

Compare the price of a current XR6 vs an EL XR6. Or a G6E vs an EL Ghia. Aussie's want everything for nothing, and it has to give somewhere.

I'd happily pay $1000 for a Force rim, without question... If they were good quality and worth it. How many people here would say that?

But they arent. In Fords case, its really just a blatant rip off when they are most likely made in the same factories as the $50 copies.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I knew they were cheap but not that cheap................

How are all these shops able to sell rims that are so thin???

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

arm the roads in perth are s**t. not silky smooth at all. most of our mining money is going east in the form of us overpaying our share of gst. and yes maybe i was a bit over the top in my comments, but hey if i buy a car with s**t rims, i change them or dont buy the car. i dont go hey my rims are crap, the roads here are crap, the enviromental situation right now is crap, ah what the hell she'll be right and drive around regardless.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
OZBMX wrote:
something seriously wrong, are retailers being to greedy causeing a knock on effect, requiring higher wages etc., and on. and on????

Yep, retailers, wholesalers & banks are being too greedy. Push the price of goods up & then people will demand higher wages to be able to afford things. Starts a viscous cycle.

No, I think you are asking too much for too little. Good, quality items are expensive.

But all too often people are willing to compromise on $$$ just to get something, then sook and b**ch when its not as good nor lasts as long.

Compare the price of a current XR6 vs an EL XR6. Or a G6E vs an EL Ghia. Aussie's want everything for nothing, and it has to give somewhere.

I'd happily pay $1000 for a Force rim, without question... If they were good quality and worth it. How many people here would say that?

But they arent. In Fords case, its really just a blatant rip off when they are most likely made in the same factories as the $50 copies.

I've worked for a lot of companies that believe the wages paid to employee's are too high for the job, yet they can't seem to retain employee's in the job. Why's that? Because the wages are not too high at all, and usually well below what they should be for the job they are asking to be done.

When those good quality items keep getting more expensive, they get further & further outta reach. People have to be able to afford quality items, otherwise cheap crap is purchased. If people don't have the money for quality items, cheap crap will come onto the market.

Yeah a lot of Aussies want everything for nothing, but not all. I'd like a fair wage for what I'm worth, so I can then afford the items I'd like to buy. Companies & the government want people to be "good consumers", but they have to have money to spend. You can't have an economy based on consumption if people can't afford to buy.

I've got a set of Chinese wheels on my mighty boy, they were not really "cheap" as some of them are, they are also standards approved & rated with a high enough load to suit the application. Had no issues with them. I did research them before I purchased tho.

Like everything, buyer beware, do ya homework.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:

There would be a sticker or a sign or a waiver somewhere that says "off road or track use only" to cover themselves, like the aftermarket industry parts that aren't ADR approved.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

dsyfer wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

There would be a sticker or a sign or a waiver somewhere that says "off road or track use only" to cover themselves, like the aftermarket industry parts that aren't ADR approved.

Id rather pay an extra $100-150 per rim so they make them safe than have s**t stuff like that on my car...................

Thats why it pay's to do simmons or showwheels as u get good quality product

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

My last set of 18" apec rims were f**k strong......... i remember hitting a massive pothole at night on the highway, i swore black and blue there must of been at least one buckled rim. Had all the wheels looked over, and they were fine

whilst they arent ADR approved, they have passed certain Japanese standards (TUV, VIA, JWL) which are respected worldwide. And these rims arent what youd call expensive either

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

It's the same with tyres, you do get what you pay for in most instances.

There is a s**t load of $700-800 wheel and tyre packages selling on "pay nothing for 24 months" deals.

That's less than $200 per corner, wheel and tyre.

Dish FTW

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

hey dsyfer i would like to see you fit a pair of those under your XK Wagon!! :P :P

Convo pro's FTW

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I've worked for a lot of companies that believe the wages paid to employee's are too high for the job, yet they can't seem to retain employee's in the job. Why's that? Because the wages are not too high at all, and usually well below what they should be for the job they are asking to be done.

We'll have to agree to disagree there for the time being and argue it in an appropriate thread sometime. :D

phatba wrote:
arm the roads in perth are s**t. not silky smooth at all.

They seemed pretty good last time I was there. A far far far sight better than the goat tracks government tries to tell us are roads on this side of the island.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:13 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
arm the roads in perth are s**t. not silky smooth at all.

They seemed pretty good last time I was there. A far far far sight better than the goat tracks government tries to tell us are roads on this side of the island.[/quote]

You know nothing until you have driven Parramatta Rd in Sydney, I challenge anyone to find a road in a worse state of repair that your state gov't provides as a major arterial road.

I have seen plenty of bent, buckled or broken rims as a result of this rutted out, chopped out, potholed patch work of tar, concrete and half set hot mix excuse for a road.

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
You know nothing until you have driven Parramatta Rd in Sydney, I challenge anyone to find a road in a worse state of repair that your state gov't provides as a major arterial road.

If you noticed, I mentioned Parramatta Road in a previous post. I've driven it quite a few times during my visits to Sydney, and I can concur it's probably one of the worst suburban roads in existance. To the point that I use the M7 and M5 to get into the city, regardless of the cost.

However, I will counter with the Bruce Highway, north of the Sunshine coast, where it goes to 1 lane each way. I think thats worse than Parra Road. And as a result of the latest floods, I dare say it will be worse than ever now.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Oh and get the freight off the trucks and onto rail. Heavy vehicles have all but destroyed our roads down here.

I work in the freight/transport industry and believe me if Australia had a decent bloody rail network we'd be using it. Might be ok in the eastern states but in S.A. N.T. and W.A. it's woeful.
dc_todd wrote:

I shall accept your challenge!!!
ANY main road in Adelaide!! :)

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

^^^
hehe yeah rail network in eastern states ain't ideal either, with different width tracks over the border, whoever dropped the f**k ball there, just to give an idea. :lol:

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Let's all agree on one thing, there's nothing wrong with the Chinese made mags given the fact we no longer have decent road conditions to suit them. it's not suited for our current road conditions at all.

I reckon they're more ideal for European roads, they have far more superior transport infrastructure objectives then we do here.
don't know what the state they're in now but given the recent GFC I gather they are not far behind the rest of us. especially where major government revenue source is income tax on low population density spread out over a large demographic area with f**k all global exports.

My next set of wheels will be the centerline convo pros 15inch rims. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next