Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BF GT r SPEC - 40th Anniversary
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Image ImageImage
FPV's star Melbourne Motor Show exhibit is a limited edition version of the FPV GT to celebrate 40 years of the original Falcon GT

FPV is also using the special model to launch a new R-Spec handling package that will soon become available across the GT and F6 sedan range.

The FPV GT 40th Anniversary's sole colour scheme is a reverse of the original XR Falcon GT's gold with black stripes. It features a Silhouette Black exterior with a gold over-body stripe kit that also draws inspiration from the wild Cobra Hardtop launched in 1978.

The special model will feature the R-Spec handling package as standard and will be available as a six-speed auto and manual at $65,110. Although the build of 200 is somewhat higher than anticipated, FPV advises that buyers will need to be quick when at least 25 are already spoken for.

The GT 40th Anniversary starts as a GT but features distinctive gold striping with 40th Anniversary cutouts that on first glance read as GT 40 with the "th" concealed in the zero. The stripes on the original Falcon GT were inspired by Ford's Le Mans winning GT40.

There are extra accents on the side skirt flutes and rear spoiler pillars and a distinctive red bootlid badge which highlight the addition of the R-Spec package. The latest GT-P 19-inch alloy wheel design with gloss black accents is specified.

The standard GT seats with a combination of leather and suede finish trim feature an embroidered GT logo. FPV floor mats feature the 40th Anniversary graphic.

According to Prodrive Managing Director Bryan Mears, a revived Super Roo theme which was to appear on this commemorative model has been held over for a future model.

As an astute shuffling of existing components to promote the new R-Spec handling option, the limited edition model works well. Whether FPV buyers consider it goes far enough to join significant past GT models in Australia's most hallowed performance hall of fame remains to be seen.

FPV R-Spec Handling Package
Of all recent local muscle cars, FPV's current suspension tune is the most comfort-oriented. FPV has developed a handling package for drivers prepared to leave some of the comfort zone behind and shave a significant amount from their club lap times. Testing at Winton Raceway involving race driver John Bowe suggests that the new R-Spec suspension is worth up to three seconds a lap.

Although similar in concept to HSV's DTS (Dealer Team Spec) based on the last of the Z-Series Club Sport models, FPV has taken a different approach when the DTS was expensive and had a very low take-up rate.

Racing tyres and competition springs were dismissed early in the R-Spec program when replacement cost and compromises in everyday usage were regarded as too high. FPV instead undertook an intensive damper development program with its supplier, Delphi.

After Delphi reduced lag within the dampers and increased valve response then fine tuned the pistons and valves within each damper to Prodrive specifications, R-Spec delivers a suspension tune "that offers a significant improvement in diagonal pitch, provides a much more even footprint in power-on situations and with a much sharper turn-in response" according to FPV.

Prodrive Chassis Engineering Manager Peter Ford is candid on its impact on ride comfort: "Critically, we have maintained an impressive level of ride comfort. While the R-Spec package picks up more road irregularities, we have maintained the supple ride that has earned FPV cars an enviable ride and handling reputation."

John Bowe notes a further benefit: "The difference the package makes to steering feel, creating a far more instantaneous response with added weight and feel."

For automatic R-Spec models, FPV has added a higher capacity oil cooler to counter the more extreme conditions and temperatures experienced on race tracks.

Launched as standard on the 40th Annversary GT, the R-Spec will be offered as an option across the F6 and GT sedan range soon.

Nicko

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairmont I6

VIC, Australia

Nice very nice :D

Ford Fairmont AU
www.aufalcon.com/aujls

My Ebay items for sale

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Fairlane NC

VIC, Australia

god that thing looks good. and 3 seconds a lap aint bad; im still waiting for the tonkin power improvement though

NC Fairlane Ghia. AU engine. Pacemaker 4499. 2.5" Redback Zorst, tints, red dash. 17in ba xr (e-series). Suzuki Across (suzi) Sexy in Black

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

That looks awesome!

About time they came out with something that stands out from the crowd.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Yeah, looks sensational.. now where's the blower..

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

that looks unreal. i think its bout time they released a limited run GT, i'd hate to think how many BA/BF GT's are roaming around the streets now, definately not rare thats for sure.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

Very nice. However it would've been nice just to have a bit of extra power just to set it a part from the normal spec GT even if it was just 10 or 20 kws extra.

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

thats a sweet ride, the black and the gold stripes looks mean

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XE 351 & BA XT FALCON

WA, Australia

Unreal looking falcon.Pity i have a big mortgage! :D

Post subject: Once again
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: HOT EL

VIC, Australia

Once again, great work Nick

The Lion Tamer

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

PURE HAWTNESS!

r spec kinda jap though

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

Dammit! It had to come out just as I didn't win lotto again :( lol

I would love to own one of this but would also like to see a mild engine performance hike.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

looks bloody good.

pity it doesnt have some extra balls.

hell there was even DJR 320's wasnt there? least match that!

as for the new suspension option. now people know its coming, could slow the sales or customers who are goign to wait for it to come before ordering.

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

I was just thinking before that these cars would be a bit of a bastard to own. Seeing how they are a limited edition I would assume most owners wouldn't want to modify them in any way so that they kept their originality. I just think that it would've been good just to have that little power increase over the normal models so that you knew it was something special. With the standard GT if you want more power then you can modify it and it probably wouldn't matter as it is not a limited edition but with this car you are pretty much stuck with what you have got. Not saying that I wouldn't have one if I could afford it, it's just a bit of a pity I reckon.

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

a flash tune would still be an option. when you wanna sell it, flash it back to stock and away u go

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next