Fordmods Logo

bmw z4 cop car 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: bmw z4 cop car
Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:21 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I was driving past the mount omany cop shop the other day and saw a white bmw z4 parked between 2 booze busses, although I didn't see any stickers on the car it looked like it was a cop car. My girlfriend said she saw a radar attached to the side of it too.

They are certainly spending out tax dollars well :shock: NOT!
Cheers.
Dave.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

haha, nice to see some people are stepping up in ther world!
to be honest it doesnt bother me that much, altho i wonder why they chose the bmw z4

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

yeh it may be nice and quick but for 1/2 the cost u can get quicker,

maybe cos its really safe or something?

or its one of the cops personal rides and got special clearnce to use it?? who knows

‮‮

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

I have heard that coppers can use their own cars, but what copper is going to have the money for a z4? I have heard of a cop car over near mount gravatt with personalised plates that lines up next to people at the lights, then revs at you for a race. Once you take him on your in deep s**t, I believe it was a mid 90's commadore v8 from memory (I have only heard of this one, not actually seen it).
Cheers.
Dave.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

I still cant see whats wrong with racing to the speed limit providing you dont lose traction. Wouldnt it be more dangerous coming through the lights while green at the specified speed limit?

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

mk1 wrote:
I have heard that coppers can use their own cars, but what copper is going to have the money for a z4? I have heard of a cop car over near mount gravatt with personalised plates that lines up next to people at the lights, then revs at you for a race. Once you take him on your in deep s**t, I believe it was a mid 90's commadore v8 from memory (I have only heard of this one, not actually seen it).
Cheers.
Dave.

There's laws against them setting you up.
Funniest story I've ever heard is a bloke at my school asked a two young cops in casual clothing in an unmarked commo if they wanted to drag. Tool.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

mk1 wrote:
Cheers.
Dave.

TRI24 - XR6T gun metal grey under cover car.
he does the same thing.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL FBT #079

VIC, Australia

Quote:
There's laws against them setting you up.

I agree it is called entrapment when a police officer baits you into doing something wrong.

I would think that it is almost impossible to prove.

A mate of mine -in his fully sick yellow VL Turbo - was baited by a unmarked WRX when he took off the officer put his lights on and booked him for street drag racing or something similar.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

The problem there is who is going to be believed, the copper or the young guy in the hotted up car? I'll give you one guess. It would be nice to catch them trying to bait people on video and send it to their superior officers to see what happens.
Cheers.
Dave.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

SA, Australia

Take it to court and get the officer who booked to say who you were street draging... if he admits he should be booked.. if he says no one you weret draging :shock: my friend got out of a speeding fine cos he was following a speeding cop who didnt have lights or siren on who then backed off and tried to book him, my friend said 'how you going to prove it in court' the cop was smart and gave him a warning

Sometimes when you do something right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all. (Futurama, Episode - Godfellows)

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

mk1 wrote:
Cheers.
Dave.

there was some1 in a speed or hpi mag i read where one of the guys got baited and he didnt even race him he accelerated really fast and the copper flashed the lights

yeh it is a vn vp comodoore v8 i think it said.

‮‮

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:36 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

There are ways and means around some things and I think it always depends on your attitude towards the copper. I have personally been let away with speeding on more than 3 occasions and it was only because I was polite.

If you ever get done by a speed camera and there is another car in the photo ALWAYS dispute it, you argue that there is no way that they can prove it was you speeding or the other car in the photo. I know people that have done this and won.
Cheers.
Dave.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]