Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Brazilian Grand Prix - farewell schuey
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

What a race by the legend. started 10th due to fuel pressure issues in his car not allowing him to participate in third qualifying but clearly had the fastest car on the track. got to 6th by about lap 3 but then after a safety car period to clean up after rosberg crashed he got a left rear puncture on lap 9 that forced him to pit early and come out last (19th) and 70 odd seconds behind massa. long story short he carved his way through the field to eventually finish 4th, only 24 sec behind race winner massa. absolutely brilliant drive. he didn't win or even get a podium but showed everyone the sort of stuff that has made him 7 time world champion. a lot of commentators are still a bit puzzled as to why he is hanging up the boots as it is obvious he still has everything it takes to run at the front of the field. at least he is going out at the very top of his game.

i realise there are those out there who think he is an arrogant so and so but you can't really argue with his record.

there was only two guys that put up half a fight during the race and they were fisi and kimi. the rest made it fairly easy for him to get back through, probably out of respect for the great driver that he is.

telecast was 2am but i was glad i set my alarm.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:51 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

hes quiting whilst hes still on top. i can respect that, theres nothing sadder than seeing once great champions (of any sport really) running around doing hopelessly and just making up the numbers.

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

He's retiring because the Alonso is going to Ferrari next year and he would never play second fiddle to MS. I agree though, he should race for another year or two!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:01 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

has he actually retired, like was that his last race? isnt there more races to go this season?

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

the brazil grand prix is the last one of the season

he is done no more races

He has had a fantastic career and no doubt will be ste for life anyway!

Bit of trivia though most of the drivers were driven to the brazil track in bulletproof cars due to risks of being hi jacked etc!

Nicko

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

Happy wrote:
He's retiring because the Alonso is going to Ferrari next year and he would never play second fiddle to MS. I agree though, he should race for another year or two!!

alonso to mclaren, kimi to ferrari.

i reckon massa will give kimi a real run for his money next year. also ferrari will have massive advantage next year with tyres as bridgestone will be the sole tyre supplier for all teams so the michelin runners will be on the back foot from the word go. i guess the same applies to the other bridgestone runners from this season.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Neo_nick wrote:
Bit of trivia though most of the drivers were driven to the brazil track in bulletproof cars due to risks of being hi jacked etc!

why? whats happening over there that makes it that bad? I live under a big rock when i am at uni. :lol:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

prydey wrote:
Happy wrote:

alonso to mclaren, kimi to ferrari.

i reckon massa will give kimi a real run for his money next year. also ferrari will have massive advantage next year with tyres as bridgestone will be the sole tyre supplier for all teams so the michelin runners will be on the back foot from the word go. i guess the same applies to the other bridgestone runners from this season.
Are they going to a control tyre? If so the compound will most probably be new and every team will be starting from scratch.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]