Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BRITEK MOTORSPORT ANNOUNCE ENDURANCE LINE-UP
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The long distance V8 Supercar races at Sandown and Bathurst might be in the last quarter of the year, but Britek Motorsport has got the jump on its rivals by announcing its full driver line-up for these key events.

It will be familiar surroundings for 2006 Fujitsu Series champion Adam Macrow and 2006 Fujitsu Racing driver Warren Luff who will join Jason Bright (Fujitsu Racing) and Alan Gurr (IRWIN Racing). Luff an Macrow shared the #25 Fujitsu Racing Falcon at Sandown and Bathurst last year.

In making the announcement Britek Motorsport Managing Director Jason Bright outlined the importance of signing quality drivers early for the endurance races.

"There's no doubt that Adam and Warren would have been on the list of a number of leading teams," said Jason Bright.

"With only six test days allowed, it was important to get them on-board early so that we can make use of them straight away.

"From a team point of view we were delighted with their performance at Sandown and Bathurst last year. At Bathurst they were on-course for a top-five finish before engine dramas.

"It's totally familiar surroundings for them as well as the crew. So it's a seamless transition for them to come on-board at testing and importantly at the races.

"In terms of the final line-up for each car, that will be decided after testing and evaluating what options work the best. However, we are sure that whatever the final line-up, both the #25 Fujitsu Racing and #26 IRWIN Racing Falcons will be strong contenders."

After winning the 2006 Fujitsu Series Adam Macrow had been approached by a number of teams for the endurance rounds.

"Winning the Fujitsu Series and finishing third at Bathurst in 2005 does get the attention of plenty of teams," said Macrow.

"In saying that, I really wanted to go back to Sandown and Bathurst with a team that I felt comfortable with and concentrate on delivering for that operation.

"With Jason Bright also driving for the team Britek Motorsport is going to be a much stronger option than many of the others.

"I don't want to look too far ahead, but having a good run at Sandown and Bathurst can do your career wonders. I'm sure Britek can provide me with the right opportunity to showcase my driving."

Warren Luff drove fulltime for the Britek Motorsport operation under the Fujitsu Racing banner in 2006.

"It's pleasing to once gain be on-board with Britek Motorsport," said Luff.

"I have had fulltime and part time rides in the V8 Supercar Championship Series, but having a quality ride at Sandown and Bathurst has always been important.

"I know that the addition of Jason to the team, as well as the increased focus and commitment from backers such as Fujitsu and Irwin Industrial Tools, has it in a very strong position for Sandown and Bathurst.

"I might not have a fulltime ride in 2007, but I will make sure I go into those events fully prepared physically as well as mentally."

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]