Post subject: CAPA's supercharged V8 Territory
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Has anyone saw it in the flesh yet?

It has been around for a while but I didn't know about it until Decembers Zoom, they had a small picture of it but didn't say anything about it other than it had a Boss V8 and supercharger, I am shocked how little publicity it has got.

Just proves it was all lies about the Boss V8 not fitting in the Territory AWD. (maybe it is only RWD?)

All photos and quotes from CAPA news section.
http://www.capa.com.au/news.htm

Quote:
Sydney Holden and Ford Show Review
24th August, 2004
The CAPA 'Terror-tory' made its debut with it's supercharged, 5.4 Litre V8 engine producing 400kW and with its new low ride look, it was really something to see. We were disappointed that we ran out of time, with the 22 inch wheels and big brakes still to come. Tony said it was a strange thing to drive, performing and handling like an XR8, but in a 4WD spacious cabin sitting a lounge chair. It took a bit of getting used to, and summed up to be a great driving experience. To our knowledge this is the only V8 powered Territory in existence.

Quote:
Fastest Territory in the World
13th September 2004
I headed off Friday for what was going to be a jam packed weekend starting at Heathcote Saturday morning, a photo shoot, Sandown 500 on Sunday, back to Heathcote on Sunday night and Home by the early hours of Monday morning. Saturday morning at Heathcote looked pretty dismal and poor old Russel, the owner of Heathcote raceway managed to get the track dry perfectly twice before a shower of rain would drench it again. No one got to run a single car so we all sat around a fire and kept ourselves warm. Somewhat disappointed in not having the opportunity of timing the Territory, I left the raceway and in terrible conditions went off with a photographer to do a photo shoot. We ended up on a boat ramp in a reservoir which believe it or not was about 7% of capacity, it was pretty dismal but nether the less a good place to take a photo. After the photo shoot, late Saturday afternoon I headed off to Melbourne. Sunday morning came and the weather didn't look much better as we headed off to Sandown. Placing the Territory on display, Ford was nice enough to detail the vehicle for us. The biggest problem they had was pushing everyone out of the way to get to it done.

During the course of the day I touched base with Russel, he let me know they had a great test and tune day at Heathcote. He suggested that if we got back at a reasonable time he would let me run the Territory down the strip. I left Sandown and headed back to Heathcote. By the time we got there it was 6 o'clock at night and we lined it up and ran it down the quater three times back to back. We didn't have a chance to change tyres or play with gear shifts to get an optimal time. I selected D for drive, staged it, hit the accelerator and went for it. On the second run, it was a bit unfortunate that I got off the gas a little early but the car was consistent as hell running close to a flat 13 at 113mph. I am pretty confident that the bus could do close to a mid 12 quite comfortably, pretty good considering the thing weighs 2 tonne and only has our stage 2 8psi kit fitted, I was pretty wrapped. My appreciation goes out to Russel who went out of his way, I tip my hat to him and all the guys that stayed behind at Heathcote raceway. I helped the guys pack up and headed off on the 600km journey home, getting home very tired at 1 o'clock Monday morning. A big day for little me but a great weekend.

Quote:
CAPA at the Indy 300
27th October, 2004
This year's Indy 300 was a great success, with over fifty thousand people coming to watch the event on the first day. Although it rained on Wednesday the weather cleared up by Thursday for a hot and sunny four days of racing. Our Territory was fitted with 20 inch wheels and a brake package incorporating 380mm rotors up front to cope with the extra power being produced by it's blown V8 motor.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Last edited by Macca on Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i thought that one was a 2wd one!

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

mitch_anderson wrote:
i thought that one was a 2wd one!

Yeah you are probably right, but wouldn't that be nice too, I had a F100 2WD that went nearly anywhere, weight and huge tyres help. :lol:

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Wasn;t this posted a while ago? Although I thought it was green.
I still love the video I got off here of a turbo diseal F350 killing an RX7.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:05 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I thinks its the 220KW twincam 8, not the BOSS quad cam 8? and RWD only.

Still after the lowering, I don't thinks its an offroader anymore.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

naa its the boss quad cam 8... unless theyve removed the AWD badges its not AWD.
the badges go behind the guard mounted indicators

Post subject: good idea ford should pick the idea up
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

either a V8 or i6turbo in the territory would be good from the factory floor what are ford scared of their sales would double & leave all other SUV makers for dust! :lol:

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:49 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I remember reading somewhere, that the front diff prevented the V8 going in, so I'm like 99% sure it's RWD. this would also be the reason Ford don't make V8 Territory's.

Well sir, you can have a V8 or AWD.

And I guess the 186KW 6 pumps out s**t more than anything else in the class.

Do you really want 'soccer moms' hooning around in a XR6T Territory - sounds like a car park tragedy waiting to happen. :lol:

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Post subject: ha ha ha
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

NSW, Australia

so funny but true especially on ACT roads as they are speed ways compared to Sydney as in canberra every one boots it

MEMBER 1390

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Yeah it was at sandown last year Jason
i believe xr8 dismantler has seen it

Nicko

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:16 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

lol that 2nd quote is for the supercharged i6 territory! :)
mm the v8 is pretty cool !

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

is it me or does it look seriously out of proportion on its old rims/tyres?

Banned

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

I'm a bit sick and tired of Ford playing it too safe.
If the Territory is a safe vehicle, and apparently it is 8-)
then stick the friggin V8 in it like almost everyone else does and call it a Ford Territory RWD V8. Sell a fickin s**t load of them, climb in front of GMH on the sales charts, and start giving old and potentially new Ford customers exactly what they need and want.
And then when Ford have done that, supercharge the frickin V8, put it in the GT, and call it a HO. COME ON AUSSIE FORD, get off your hands and stop waiting around for GMH'S next frickin move. JUST DO IT for christs sakes. You managed to out of 1st gear into second gear, it's time to stop piss f@rt around, and get into 3rd gear and above. Let Holden lag behind for once.

And while your at it, adjust the frickin fuel consumption for the GT in your specs. It looks bad for no reason at all. Your specs are saying 15 l/100 km's or more. Yet a car tester has gotten 13.7L/100km's hammering it, and just over 11L/100km's on the Highway.

I'm out...cut it.........____________________________________ .

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Kit wrote:
I'm a bit sick and tired of Ford playing it too safe.
If the Territory is a safe vehicle, and apparently it is 8-)
then stick the friggin V8 in it like almost everyone else does and call it a Ford Territory RWD V8. Sell a fickin s**t load of them, climb in front of GMH on the sales charts, and start giving old and potentially new Ford customers exactly what they need and want.
And then when Ford have done that, supercharge the frickin V8, put it in the GT, and call it a HO. COME ON AUSSIE FORD, get off your hands and stop waiting around for GMH'S next frickin move. JUST DO IT for christs sakes. You managed to out of 1st gear into second gear, it's time to stop piss f@rt around, and get into 3rd gear and above. Let Holden lag behind for once.

And while your at it, adjust the frickin fuel consumption for the GT in your specs. It looks bad for no reason at all. Your specs are saying 15 l/100 km's or more. Yet a car tester has gotten 13.7L/100km's hammering it, and just over 11L/100km's on the Highway.

I'm out...cut it.........____________________________________ .

Yeah I second all that as well. Ford should being playing offense not fricken Defense all the time.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR Turbo

NSW, Australia

yeh it was at bathurst last year.. pretty cosy fit in the engine bay, but if i didnt know better i would have thought it was stock.. it is definately a boss v8 tho.. 260 or 290 i cant remember...

very schmik car,, bring on the production line..

BF XR6T 6spd Auto. 60lb injectors, Hybrid Cooler, Custom Piping, Custom Surge Tank, Actuator.

12.3 @ 114

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next