Post subject: CONFIRMED! webber to leave williams
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

http://www.formula1.com/news/4746.html

alex wurz will partner rosberg in 2007. webber yet to confirm his future plans. hopefully its a move to renault.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

according to nightline webber was dumped. they couldn't come to an agreement for next year. there was an interview on news also with alan jones and he said webber had offered to take a pay cut as well but still didn't get a deal so we can assume from that who got rid of who.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

Plus Williams knew Webber wasn't happy with the cars reliability and performance at most of the races. So Webber had a get out of contract due to those issues if he wanted when he signed. But as far as I know Webber was signed till 2008 at Williams. So it may just be a mutual agreement.

I don't which team I would like to see him go to. Renault to take Alonso's seat or Mclaren to take Raikkonen's. Redbull is just too non competitive at this point. He's raced for the B and C grade teams now time to step up to an A grade team.

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:15 am 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

80crm wrote:
Plus Williams knew Webber wasn't happy with the cars reliability and performance at most of the races. So Webber had a get out of contract due to those issues if he wanted when he signed. But as far as I know Webber was signed till 2008 at Williams. So it may just be a mutual agreement.

I don't which team I would like to see him go to. Renault to take Alonso's seat or Mclaren to take Raikkonen's. Redbull is just too non competitive at this point. He's raced for the B and C grade teams now time to step up to an A grade team.

No one is happy with Williams reliability...

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

prydey wrote:
according to nightline webber was dumped. they couldn't come to an agreement for next year. there was an interview on news also with alan jones and he said webber had offered to take a pay cut as well but still didn't get a deal so we can assume from that who got rid of who.

I don't think there is any truth that Webber was dumped. Flav has it under control, Frank is a man of his word and days prior was saying he would love to resign Mark. There is a lot of wheeling and dealing here. Marks interview here http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=126251 indicates that the choice was Flav's and Frank was left with no choice.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

Well we all know now that Mark has signed for Red Bull to partner David Caultard. I personally think this should be a good driver combination as Mark is, I think, regarded as a top level driver (or bordering on it anyway) and DC still has the fire deliver some good results and possibly win again in the right car. Question is though the car/team itself. The team apparently is almost the old Jaguar team with a different own and colour scheme. They did not perform as Jaguar, or for that matter prior to that when they were Stewart, so one would have to wonder why Flav would arrange a deal for Mark to go there. Most likely they will be getting Renault engines but this still leaves Mark in a situation where a new car engine combination is not normally competative for some time. Lets all hope the Flav and Mark know what they are doing and there is a future in this deal. After all no aussie race fan would like to see Mark return to Australia with out displaying his full potential like so many Aussies before him. Or even worse ending up in V8 Supercars driving a german car that pretending to be an aussie car as most of those before him did.

:evil:

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]