Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
smoke_rubber wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
Just get pics of that bloke who got his mums clubby airborne early this year and tape that to every showroom window in every dealership. A picture is worth a thousand words. Especially that one.

what happened?

Early febuary there was some pics getting around on various of some wank who took his mummas VY clubby and ended up crashing into a victorian holden dealership. Caused about 300k worth of damage or thereabouts. I think its in offtopic in here.

yeah i remember that, i didn't think u meant that one, as i also thought some bloke went for a test drive and ended up parking INTO quite a few cars.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

It eneded up being confirmed that he "stole" the keys from his mother and you know the rest. Good advertising gimmick though "Holden Certified Used Vehicle".

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

bowsaw wrote:
Why not? a 4 pot beating a HSV? love to see it.

lol theres like heaps of jap 4 bangers that are faster than hsv's

and a lot cheaper too.....

anythign sr20det powered heheh

‮‮

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Anyone remember the last HSV 4 banger back around 1988? The LD astra/N13 pulsar with a nice and subtle kit. It was the HSV SV1800. At the time HSV was claiming that they did some engine work to it but I very much doubt that.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i remember reading about it, did it go well or was it a slug?

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

bentles_eb wrote:
bowsaw wrote:
Why not? a 4 pot beating a HSV? love to see it.

lol theres like heaps of jap 4 bangers that are faster than hsv's

and a lot cheaper too.....

anythign sr20det powered heheh

That's true, a lot of them are, but remember that were talking about a slightly enhanced Ford. FPV arn't gunna go nuts and make 4 bangers to beat HSV because they'd also be beating the V8 FPV's then too - which wouldn't be good for there sales - I'm guessing FPV would still remian very much V8 orientated.
There's not too many factory 4 bangers that come out of a show room and beat HSV's - not saying there's none, but not that many.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

NSW, Australia

well
even if fpv made a 4 banger faster than their V8 cars... i dont think it would affect its sales at all...

a 4 banger is aimed @ a different market anyway...

why go XR8 over XR6t?

the noise, and torque.

the xr6t is faster...

the typhoon is slower than a ba gt 0-100 and 1/4 mile i think(1 or the other).... it will sell good cos it will probably handle heaps better.....

a insane 4 banger is aimed @ younger people... based on fuel prices, maintenance, and retail price.... (meaning older people usually can afford fpvs expensive V8's)......

a HPA(insane) vw polo or something (its 4wd and like 540hp) is faster than an enzo and like 1/8th the price.... enzos still sell right?

i may not be comparing apples with apples tho so correct me if im wrong.

‮‮

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I'd be pretty sure to say that if there was no XR6T, there'd be more XR8 sales, yes, they are aimed at different markets, but they overlap too. If FPV made 4 pots that were the quickest, then the company would become known as a 4 banger orientated company, less would consider them for there purchase of performance V8's, because they'd be wondering if there's even any development in them if the 4 cylinders are winning. Also people who go to purchase the 'fastest FPV' and would previously have bought a GT-P or what ever would end up with a 4 banger.
So yes, they are aimed at different markets, but it still would effect the other markets as there are areas were they overlap into each other.

Enzo to the VW, most would take the Enzo because it's more expensive, more exclusive, and when they drive it through town everyone looks up and thinks o wow, such a fast car, but with the VW, most just think it's a fancy version of mommies Golf.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

Personally I dont think that getting into 4 cyl's is going to make them 'a 4 banger orientated company', the whole thing with FPV is that they are almost a marque in their own right, catering to a number of market segments. Whereas HSV basically just kits, and puts bigger brakes on an SS and puts on a badge to add another $10k (simplistic explanation I know).

I reckon them getting into 4's will make them stand out even more as a credible and seriously performance orientated company and honestly I agree with people who say that a hi-po 4 wont effect their Typhoon/Pursuit/GT sales that much....at least no more than a Focus ST170 would effect the sales of an XR6/XR6T.

I'd love to see them bring a Focus SR/SRT to Oz....would be good to see some well built performance orientated 4 cylinders under the Ford brand. Hell.....if they really wanted to they could make good with the Focus Cosworth and bring that here! :twisted:

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

FTR-XR6 wrote:
Personally I dont think that getting into 4 cyl's is going to make them 'a 4 banger orientated company', the whole thing with FPV is that they are almost a marque in their own right, catering to a number of market segments. Whereas HSV basically just kits, and puts bigger brakes on an SS and puts on a badge to add another $10k (simplistic explanation I know).

If your refering to my post, that is not what I said, what I said was if they produced 4 cylinders that were beating the V8's then the company would start to be seen a '4 banger orientated compay', and this is obvious if there fastest cars are 4 bangers, which is the reason why they will never do it as at the end of the day, they still want there flag ship car to be a V8. yes, they do want the nice F6's (and 4 bangers in the future) and what not on the side, but V8 at the head.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I think you need to be talking 5 bangers guys, not 4 bangers! The New Focus ST170 in the UK is a 5 cylinder turbo, and word is it would be coming here later next year. (Volvo engine!)

Now, FPV wouldn't try and work the 4 cylinder, when the factory's own 5 cylinder is available. (they might work up the Fiesta, but there is an ST150 model in Europe already)

More likely, they would work on the Focus turbo 5. Up the internals, up the boost, bigger brakes, body kit , worked interior.etc etc

Who knows? an XR5? It could certainly give WRX's a run.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

melbzetec wrote:
I think you need to be talking 5 bangers guys, not 4 bangers! The New Focus ST170 in the UK is a 5 cylinder turbo, and word is it would be coming here later next year. (Volvo engine!)

Now, FPV wouldn't try and work the 4 cylinder, when the factory's own 5 cylinder is available. (they might work up the Fiesta, but there is an ST150 model in Europe already)

More likely, they would work on the Focus turbo 5. Up the internals, up the boost, bigger brakes, body kit , worked interior.etc etc

Who knows? an XR5? It could certainly give WRX's a run.

They probably wouldn't bother doing any work to it, they'd just sell the turbo under the FPV brand.
If it comes here....

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2