Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: HISTORIC DAY FOR AMBROSE IN KANSAS
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Team Australia NASCAR Truck driver Marcos Ambrose has made history by finishing third in the O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas today.

Ambrose, who this year left his native Australia to pursue a career in NASCAR in the United States, qualified fourth for today’s race and made a great start to lead the opening laps, becoming the first Australian to lead laps in NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series competition.

Ambrose, a two-time Australian V8 Supercar Series Champion, passed Rick Crawford and Mike Skinner around the outside to take the lead at the start of the race. The NASCAR rookie then drove a smart race, running in the top 15 and keeping his nose clean. Ambrose and his Team Australia crew had set up the F-150 truck to be at its best at the end of the race when the extra rubber on the surface produces more grip, so the Tasmanian was keen to get to the latter part of the race in a position to challenge for a good finish.

After his last pit stop Ambrose sat in 14th position, but the Team Australia/Aussie Vineyards truck came on strong, with Ambrose storming up the order to be fifth when a caution period was called on lap 146 of the 167-lap race.

At the restart Ambrose followed Brendan Gaughan past Ron Hornaday to reach fourth and on the last lap the Team Australia driver made one more position, getting third by edging past Gaughan right on the finish line.

The third place finish is the highest by a rookie in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series this season and is the first time a non-American driver has finished in the top five of a truck series event since Canadian Ron Fellows won on the Watkins Glen road course on June 26, 1999.

WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY …

MARCOS AMBROSE – TEAM AUSTRALIA FORD F-150
“This is just great,â€￾ said Ambrose. “This is what we came over here to do.
“We had a great start. I went around the outside of everybody and led the whole field for those first laps.
“We drifted back a bit and let a few guys through. We just worked on getting the pit strategy right and waiting for the track to come to us.
“After our last stop we found ourselves in about 14th position but the truck was good towards the end and we made up a lot of ground.
“I’m learning all the time over here and the set-up is crucial. Tonight we definitely made it work. The truck was pretty loose at the start, but as rubber goes down there is more grip and it pushes the nose up the race track and straightens you up. So you have really got to hold on for the first part of the race and come back towards the end. It’s just a bit wild there at the start when you are hanging the tail out at 180mph.
“We ran around in the pack all night and mixed it with the fastest guys out here. We definitely had a better truck as the rubber went down and I felt confident running with other trucks and racing these guys.
“This result was a while coming and we definitely felt half-ready to go a couple of races ago. We just had to cycle through and get some finishes under our belt. What we have been trying to achieve is to get a little better each time we go out and keep improving the truck.
“Gary (Cosgwell, Ambrose’s crew chief) is a veteran. He’s been in Cup, Busch and now Truck. He is a great guy and we have similar attitudes about our racing. It took a couple of races for us to work each other out, but now we both understand what the other is saying about the truck. I have a better understanding of what he is saying about the truck and he understands what it is I am explaining that the truck is doing out there on the race track.
“Everything is really going great with this crew at the moment. It’s not just Gary, but the whole Wood Brothers/JTG crew that is getting behind me and teaching me a lot and giving me an awesome truck.
“The next week could be tough, but whatever happens next week we have to enjoy this result now. I am really enjoying this team and this racing, so it makes it all the better to give them this result and I’m really excited.
“After I had my best result last week with an 18th, our goal for the next three races was to improve on that result in each of the next three races. That sort of changes after this result, because we only have two positions left.
“So know we have to just keep improving the truck, learn the set-up more and just get a little bit better at every race. The truck we are using is Truck #2 in the Wood Brothers stable. I have about seven or eight trucks at my disposal and all of them are a little bit different in terms of chassis stiffness and set-ups. I have now found a truck I like and that I understand.
“The boys will rush this truck back to the shop to take the engine out of it and freshen it up so we can use it at the next race. That’s one of the things about this racing, because there are going to be trucks at your disposal that you like, but it takes time to sort through.â€￾

Marcos Ambrose Fast Facts
– Born in Launceston, Tasmania
– Ambrose won two consecutive V8 Supercar Series Championships in Australia in 2003 and 2004 for Ford
– Will drive the No. 20 Ford F-150 for Wood Brothers/JTG Racing in 2006

2006 CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS – After Round 12
– Marcos Ambrose did not compete in the first three rounds of the championship.

1: Todd Bodine 1909; 2: David Reutimann 1771; 3: Johnny Benson 1766; 4: Ted Musgrave 1657; 5: Rick Crawford 1636; 6: Terry Cook 1602; 7: David Starr 1600; 8: Dennis Setzer 1593; 9: Jack Sprague 1581; 10: Ron Hornaday 1560; 30: Marcos Ambrose 805.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

how good is that, aussie rookie in top 3. go ambroes

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

f**k yer!

goo ambrose soon he will win!

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

f**k yas all only tasmanians can claim this one you guys are forever baggin tassie out but we have the goods when it comes to marcos hehe

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

QLD, Australia

He will get better and better.Does any one know if he will come back and race at Bathurst in october.? :?:

UNTO THYSELF BE TRUE

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

finally his gettin into the swing of things!!!! do they broadcast any of these races on tv here?

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

no not even on foxtel either, it's s**t.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

QLD, Australia

Yeah i have been keeping an eye out on foxtel for his races and havent seen anything.

UNTO THYSELF BE TRUE

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:21 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: HSV GTS LS3

QLD, Australia

I just download them and watch them on Bit Torrent although you have to be quick as people stop seeding them quickly.

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Ambrose is the man! GO SON!!

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

WIKED wrote:
I just download them and watch them on Bit Torrent although you have to be quick as people stop seeding them quickly.

what are they called? i couldn't find them.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: HSV GTS LS3

QLD, Australia

I just do a search on torrent search engines like:

www.torrenspy.com
http://isohunt.com

There are many others of course.

Just look for NASCAR or Truck Series etc.

As I said you have to be quick on some of them as they are not popular and dont get seeded for long. I have not seen the latest race on there are yet but look daily for it.

Good luck[/b]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]