Fordmods Logo

Hyundai giving our sixes a beating! 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

Not that I condone reckless behaviour, but a full bore take off from the lights up to the speed limit is hardly going to endager anyone and, in my opinion, is all part of enjoying your car. As long as you don't go too silly.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1051

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU FAIRLANE

Location: SWAPPERS XING
VIC, Australia

Yes but how can u see ones envy in the hyundai staring at your gleaming fairmont when he's pulling away from u in the distance. Get on with it ford and loose about 300 kg,s or be forever behind.

 

_________________

Now with a hint of "BLING"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:15 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 42

Posts: 514

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: V8 VE Calais V Spec

Power: 262 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

You gotta keep in mind that most falcon sales are to fleets....
Who are much more concerned about fuel economy, resale value, maintenace costs, and the like, rather than what car can win traffic light grand prix....

Also, keep in mind that we are talking about the ECONOMY motor here for the falcon....
What is the premium of an XR6 Turbo over a Hyundai...
If your really concerned about 4KW, then that would be the obvious option.

Also, im sure there a lot more go fast options for a falcon, than there are for a Hyundai..

What does peeve me off with the falcons at the moment is the V8 options on the non XR8 / GT models.....
E.G. The most mumbo you can get for a Fairmont Ghia is 220Kw...
A Calais is 260Kw.
A Territory Ghia Turbo, 240Kw.

I think Ford should get rid of the Non Boss V8s, and give the turbo motors as an option.

 

_________________

VE Calais V8, IQ, HSV instruments and brembos fitted.
IQ, IPC, BCM all hacked and programmed without TECH2 :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1051

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU FAIRLANE

Location: SWAPPERS XING
VIC, Australia

Definatly a good call. I mean 220 for the flagship towing fairlane?? common all the power helps when towing big a** caravans up hills.

 

_________________

Now with a hint of "BLING"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

Xyphoid wrote:
You gotta keep in mind that most falcon sales are to fleets....
Who are much more concerned about fuel economy, resale value, maintenace costs, and the like, rather than what car can win traffic light grand prix....

Also, keep in mind that we are talking about the ECONOMY motor here for the falcon....
What is the premium of an XR6 Turbo over a Hyundai...
If your really concerned about 4KW, then that would be the obvious option.

Also, im sure there a lot more go fast options for a falcon, than there are for a Hyundai..

What does peeve me off with the falcons at the moment is the V8 options on the non XR8 / GT models.....
E.G. The most mumbo you can get for a Fairmont Ghia is 220Kw...
A Calais is 260Kw.
A Territory Ghia Turbo, 240Kw.

I think Ford should get rid of the Non Boss V8s, and give the turbo motors as an option.


Awesome call. There is a market for V8 monts and XT's and the current 3 valver just doesn't cut it.

I say make the 260wk 4 valver THE V8 option, make the XR8 a 290wk propisition and somehow (without supercharging) make the GT a 320+ kw beast.

This should easily sidestep the problem Ford currently has with the 4.0 litre Turbo pounding their V8's into the ground, and at the same time, provide Ford even MORE street cred. With the all Holdens and HSV's sporting 6.0 litre V8's. Ford MUST do something NOW!!!.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:25 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2517

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

Location: Bunbury
WA, Australia

having worked at a hyundai dealer for a bit and driven a few of the later model stuff regularly for weekends etc, i reckon most of the new hyundai stuff is pretty well built, and per vehicle sold we used to see less hyundai's then fords for warrenty work. The new sonata (which the granduer is more or less a slightly longer version of) is probably more likely to beat a BA/BF as it can be had with a 175kw/185kw) (i cant remember which) V6 and a manual gearbox...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2098

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: egas bf xt

Location: Gosford
NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:
Xyphoid wrote:
You gotta keep in mind that most falcon sales are to fleets....
Who are much more concerned about fuel economy, resale value, maintenace costs, and the like, rather than what car can win traffic light grand prix....

Also, keep in mind that we are talking about the ECONOMY motor here for the falcon....
What is the premium of an XR6 Turbo over a Hyundai...
If your really concerned about 4KW, then that would be the obvious option.

Also, im sure there a lot more go fast options for a falcon, than there are for a Hyundai..

What does peeve me off with the falcons at the moment is the V8 options on the non XR8 / GT models.....
E.G. The most mumbo you can get for a Fairmont Ghia is 220Kw...
A Calais is 260Kw.
A Territory Ghia Turbo, 240Kw.

I think Ford should get rid of the Non Boss V8s, and give the turbo motors as an option.


Awesome call. There is a market for V8 monts and XT's and the current 3 valver just doesn't cut it.

I say make the 260wk 4 valver THE V8 option, make the XR8 a 290wk propisition and somehow (without supercharging) make the GT a 320+ kw beast.

This should easily sidestep the problem Ford currently has with the 4.0 litre Turbo pounding their V8's into the ground, and at the same time, provide Ford even MORE street cred. With the all Holdens and HSV's sporting 6.0 litre V8's. Ford MUST do something NOW!!!.


Pick up yourself a copy of MOTOR's latest mag, they did round 1 of PCOTY (aussie cars). Falcon 6 potters came in 1st 2nd and 3rd. They beat all HSV and FPV V8's.

1st Typhoon (of course!!!)
2nd manual XR6 T
3rd auto XR6 T

How sweet is that.... both iterations of the XR6 T won over ANY HSV :D

 

_________________

I can see through wooden doors.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:02 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4401

Joined: 25th Mar 2005

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

The Falcon's biggest problem is that it needs to loose some weight.. the GT isn't far off small 4wd territory..

 

_________________

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:42 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 889

Joined: 23rd Aug 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

Location: South East Melb
VIC, Australia

ford should pull a finger out of their a** and raise the psi so we can have more fun :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

um it still a f**k korean car a f**k hyundai like they are throw away cars!!!

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:43 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

how come they dun lighten up the cars anyway? shed some metal on the doors and boot and maybe on the damn bonnet. the things are heavy as anything. but by losing some of the weight doesnt that mean steering might not be as well and also body rolling more? looking at the doors of an EA i see metal that i think aren't going to make much of a difference in the structure until u hit a pole....but either way once u hit a pole the damn door is gone.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3025

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

Location: Caroline Springs
VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
how come they dun lighten up the cars anyway? shed some metal on the doors and boot and maybe on the damn bonnet. the things are heavy as anything. but by losing some of the weight doesnt that mean steering might not be as well and also body rolling more? looking at the doors of an EA i see metal that i think aren't going to make much of a difference in the structure until u hit a pole....but either way once u hit a pole the damn door is gone.

phong =P~


There's a reason why Falcons are fat bastards. It's because they are a better built, more solid, much safer car than many out on the market.

Crash for crash, I know which car I would choose every time :wink:

Also, have you seen the tubing used in Commodores? It's much smaller in diamater than that used in the Falcons.

While I would love the Falc to shed some kilos, I can appreciate why they are fat....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:10 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

downingj wrote:
phongus wrote:
how come they dun lighten up the cars anyway? shed some metal on the doors and boot and maybe on the damn bonnet. the things are heavy as anything. but by losing some of the weight doesnt that mean steering might not be as well and also body rolling more? looking at the doors of an EA i see metal that i think aren't going to make much of a difference in the structure until u hit a pole....but either way once u hit a pole the damn door is gone.

phong =P~


There's a reason why Falcons are fat bastards. It's because they are a better built, more solid, much safer car than many out on the market.

Crash for crash, I know which car I would choose every time :wink:

Also, have you seen the tubing used in Commodores? It's much smaller in diamater than that used in the Falcons.

While I would love the Falc to shed some kilos, I can appreciate why they are fat....


yeah they are better built and seem more stable then any other car ive driven.

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4323

Joined: 17th Jan 2006

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

Surely they can shed some of the more pedantic safety options for something like the F6... I mean if they suck the weight out then stifen it up with sway bars/strut braces and some good shocks and springs they will still feel great on the road.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 3516

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names