Fordmods Logo

Interesting review of the EF - EL 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Interesting review of the EF - EL
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6432

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ford Falcon GLi EF - EL (1994 - 97)

 

_________________

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 2537

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I've got a hard one for ya.

It mentions that they suffered from a stretched body when the incorrect
tow pack was used. I'd like to know how one would know if this had happened to you. How would you know, would the body creak or something?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:21 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Says what we all know. EF-EL's are nearly bulletproof, and the best Falcons made (we'll see how the BA's fair in a few years time).

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6913

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I love both my EFs and my new EL GHIA V8.
They are the toughest Fords.

 

_________________

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

the AU is a Dam godo car too!

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:50 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 1051

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AU FAIRLANE

Location: SWAPPERS XING
VIC, Australia

data_mine wrote:
Says what we all know. EF-EL's are nearly bulletproof, and the best Falcons made (we'll see how the BA's fair in a few years time).




Best you all sell em as it also stated that there not for the novice drivers that you e series ladies are!!!!

 

_________________

Now with a hint of "BLING"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:40 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

AU-MUSTD wrote:
data_mine wrote:
Says what we all know. EF-EL's are nearly bulletproof, and the best Falcons made (we'll see how the BA's fair in a few years time).




Best you all sell em as it also stated that there not for the novice drivers that you e series ladies are!!!!


Yes I have worked with many a young man that told me how he use to own an EF, EL. I then ask how is it that you have a Holden now? They usually reply,"...Umm, Err wrapped it around a tree rounding a bend in the road and gunning it to hard at the wrong time. " Yes these tough Fords need the utmost respect at the best of times especially in the WET :!:

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:01 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
AU-MUSTD wrote:
data_mine wrote:
Says what we all know. EF-EL's are nearly bulletproof, and the best Falcons made (we'll see how the BA's fair in a few years time).




Best you all sell em as it also stated that there not for the novice drivers that you e series ladies are!!!!


Yes I have worked with many a young man that told me how he use to own an EF, EL. I then ask how is it that you have a Holden now? They usually reply,"...Umm, Err wrapped it around a tree rounding a bend in the road and gunning it to hard at the wrong time. " Yes these tough Fords need the utmost respect at the best of times especially in the WET :!:


This is a problem? :twisted:

Shows Holden drivers can't drive :lol:

A little bit of proper suspension work (like I've done to mine) and they stick like glue.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 8655

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

Location: Adelaide CBD
SA, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Yes I have worked with many a young man that told me how he use to own an EF, EL. I then ask how is it that you have a Holden now? They usually reply,"...Umm, Err wrapped it around a tree rounding a bend in the road and gunning it to hard at the wrong time. " Yes these tough Fords need the utmost respect at the best of times especially in the WET :!:


Even more fun with a few extra ponies at the tread 8-)

I thought it was a fair review. Top cars with a few, well documented common problems.

And to Au-Mustd... dont make us remind you which model Falcon nearly brought Ford to its knees, dropped the ball on market domination gained in EF EL times and handed supercar season after season to Holden teams... :wink: :wink:

AUs are awesome cars - but the fact remains they did a LOT of damage to our beloved brand.

 

_________________

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:49 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

data_mine wrote:
Shows Holden drivers can't drive :lol:

A little bit of proper suspension work (like I've done to mine) and they stick like glue.


Reminds me of a bumber stickers:

Quote:
Why did God create Holden.
To keep d***head out of Fords!

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 8590

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Yeah what can you say?
I fell in love with the EF the second i layed eyes on it, i just had to have one, was a bit like the XD... just fell in love, and the same with the BA!

Although the AU is a good car, it almost sent Ford broke, absolutely killed us, the BA was pretty much a do or die.
The designers got the sack over the AU and with good reason.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

yeah, go the efII, best there was/is/ever will be! :P

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6432

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Happy wrote:
yeah, go the efII, best there was/is/ever will be! :P

Except the EL which was even better and more refined than the EF series... 8-)

 

_________________

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 8655

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

Location: Adelaide CBD
SA, Australia

Vic wrote:
Happy wrote:
yeah, go the efII, best there was/is/ever will be! :P

Except the EL which was even better and more refined than the EF series... 8-)


Just a shame their tail lights were crap and the front didnt look as good 8-)

 

_________________

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6432

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

I'm sorry but you seem to have gotten that backwards. The front and rear lighting is absolutely spot on appropriate compared to the rather plain looking EF version.

 

_________________

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names